The Student Room Group

What is the one genre of music you all like and dislike?

This is just to know what is the one music genre you all like the most dearest to your heart and the one you don't like and find annoying.

keep it friendly. your all entitled to an opinion.

Scroll to see replies

I'm very partial to atmospheric black metal.

I have no time for metalcore and associated genres.
Indie is always good (I don't mean that emo indie rock, I mean the actual good stuff like AltJ, Daughter and Bastille)
I don't like rap/ all subgenres like grime etc, just doesn't feel like music to me. Feel free to disagree.
Reply 3
There's not a genre I really, really dislike, but my fave blanket genre is probably metal. Hip-Hop a close second.
I like a bit of everything really.
Im not keen on some rap music. It depends who it is though, some artists are better than others.
Favourite genre is pop, i really hate heavy metal and whatever genre screamy songs are
I like Soul/Funk/RnB.

I dislike the Indie/white British guitar bands.
I don't think there are any that I flat out dislike. I can find a track I like in the extreme majority of genres, even incredibly niche sub-genres like Goregrind.
loving latin music. despacito was such a catchy tune. i think the only thing i dislike so far is rock/heavy metal etc
I really like indie, psychedelic rock/pop, folk and jazz.

Grime and R&B are god awful.
do english people even listen to latin/spanish music. Im planning on studying in the UK and im kinda scared there not going to be any latin clubs etc
Original post by queen-bee
loving latin music. despacito was such a catchy tune. i think the only thing i dislike so far is rock/heavy metal etc

Some rock is good not all screaming or rubbish. Rap rock and alternative rock are quite good to listen to.
hate heavy metal and country like RnB or House
What is RnB to you? that term is short for multiple music genres.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
I like RnB, indie music, rock, a bit of grime, a bit of Afro beats, EDM, but what I couldn’t get into is country music.
Reply 15
I love Rock and most it’s sub genres, I like old pop stuff, not much after 2010 but 70’s,80’s and 90’s are good stuff! A lot of the pop then was influenced by rock anyway. Also love Jazz. I like most genres.

But I absolutely HATE grime. I can never and will never get into it! It’s awful.
Original post by Ismaeel Ali
Favourite genre is pop, i really hate heavy metal and whatever genre screamy songs are

Original post by niallh1
hate heavy metal and country like RnB or House

Original post by queen-bee

What is heavy metal to you?
Could you post an example please?

Also QB you know how broad 'rock' is, right?

Original post by JoshIsTheFalco
Some rock is good not all screaming or rubbish. Rap rock and alternative rock are quite good to listen to.

:cool:

Original post by JoshIsTheFalco
What is RnB to you? that term is short for multiple music genres.

I tried to be a bit more specific but it's difficult to say, I like a lot of 70s/80s stuff.
I love anything alternative, but can't stand country at all
Original post by Wilfred Little
What is heavy metal to you?
Could you post an example please?

Also QB you know how broad 'rock' is, right?

:cool:

I tried to be a bit more specific but it's difficult to say, I like a lot of 70s/80s stuff.

heavy metal to me is like slipknot
Trap Rap and R&B

Metal and the sub-genres, indie crap is death to my ears :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest