The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Social work ma birmingham 2018

Are there any current social work MA students at birmingham who can tell me what the timetable hours are for first year?

When does placement begin? January ? It's 9-5 on placement but how about during time when at university ?
Is it 9:30 a.m start every day? 3 full days a week or what?
Reply 1
Original post by Sammyra
Are there any current social work MA students at birmingham who can tell me what the timetable hours are for first year?

When does placement begin? January ? It's 9-5 on placement but how about during time when at university ?

looking for the same info-
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hi... When I went for my interview, they gave me a timetable for 2017/18 which i assume will be the same for 2018/19. I think its 10am-5pm Mon to Fri. They did say that its a full time course and students should expect a full day... I have passed everything and Im looking forward to starting the course in sept. 2018.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sammyra

H. I'm a current first year Masters Social Work student at UoB. The first Semester we are in pretty much every day except fridays and the second semester we're in 3 days to start off with and then it drops to one day a week until our placement which we start in April.

our lectures start at 10am and finish at 4pm at the latest
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you very much . I've called myself to ask and they just tell me the timetable changes sometimes from one week to another or term by term. I lost the example timetable they sent me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by noclue1
looking for the same info-

Are you starting in September this year too?
Reply 6
Original post by Zk7866
H. I'm a current first year Masters Social Work student at UoB. The first Semester we are in pretty much every day except fridays and the second semester we're in 3 days to start off with and then it drops to one day a week until our placement which we start in April.

our lectures start at 10am and finish at 4pm at the latest

Do you drive in to uni and are there any parking issues or are there plenty spaces available ?
Reply 7
Yeah I drive to uni.If you live over 10 miles away, they give you a parking permit which allows you to park in the car parks for £1 for the full day as opposed to £7 a day.There are some spaces on the side roads but they get taken up pretty fast. It would be worth getting the permit.
Reply 8
Original post by Zk7866
Yeah I drive to uni.If you live over 10 miles away, they give you a parking permit which allows you to park in the car parks for £1 for the full day as opposed to £7 a day.There are some spaces on the side roads but they get taken up pretty fast. It would be worth getting the permit.

Thank you. I will be applying for a permit as I have children and the uni website mentions if u live more than 3 miles away you can apply for the permit.
Is there ample parking spaces for permit holders or are they taken up quite early too?
Reply 9
Original post by Saleh2018
Hi... When I went for my interview, they gave me a timetable for 2017/18 which i assume will be the same for 2018/19. I think its 10am-5pm Mon to Fri. They did say that its a full time course and students should expect a full day... I have passed everything and Im looking forward to starting the course in sept. 2018.

Did you have a conditional offer and have you heard anything about bursary allocations yet ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending