The Student Room Group

101 tv shows to see before you die...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma:-)
I have to agree with that one.
Sometimes when they bring a tv show back (like they brought gladiators back about 9/10 years ago) its a bit **** and not as good as the original. But with robot wars they did a good job of bringing it back and its as good as the original.
Everyone should see it at least once though.

It was the 20th anniversary of the first series airing yesterday. :coma: I had to rewatch the first ep. I lose track of how many times I've rewatched it, but I never get bored. :biggrin:
My Name is Earl
The IT Crowd
The Inbetweeners
Peep Show
Mr Bean
Bo Selecta
Friday Night Dinner
Harry Enfield's Television Programme
Harry Enfield & Chums
The Fast Show
Men Behaving Badly
Two Pints of Lager & A Packet of Crisps

Just looking at my collection of comedy DVD box sets tbh :lol:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It was the 20th anniversary of the first series airing yesterday. :coma: I had to rewatch the first ep. I lose track of how many times I've rewatched it, but I never get bored. :biggrin:

I didnt realise that actually.
But yeah, its the sort of show that you never get bored of.
I didnt realise that actually.
But yeah, its the sort of show that you never get bored of.

I didn't either, but I'm subscribed to the Youtube channel of one of the Push to Exit team members, and he's the kind of super fan who'd never forget a date like that. :p:
Witless
Outnumbered
Friday Night Dinner
Happy Valley
Death in Paradise
The Syndicate
Mum
W1A
Gavin & Stacey
Delicious
Damned
Lucifer
Black Lightning
Freaks and Geeks
The mist
Under the Dome
Lost
The Gifted
Suits
The Flash
Riverdale
Friends
The Big Bang Theory
The Fosters
Pretty Little Liars
Shows i think people should watch-
extreme couponing
dinnerladies
keeping up appearances
george and mildred
trollied
my hero
night cops
mock the week
room 101

extreme couponing- what a lit thing
Tokyo Ghoul cuz why not
Black Mirror!
danganronpa
peaky blinders and atlanta.
eastenders

j/k
TOTALLY UNDERRATED but anne with an e on netflix, for all those too lazy to read the book, they are currently filming their second season and im excited af :biggrin:
If you're looking for comedy, Brooklyn 99 and The Good place are both brilliant and on Netflix
Original post by goggleyed
eastenders

j/k

I wonder if it'll still be airing when I die...
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I wonder if it'll still be airing when I die...

yeah i think it'll still be airing in two years time... :tongue:

jokes
Sons of Anarchy.
Reply 37
how to get away with murder
These are some of the shows you MUST watch (ranked) They're all amazing and I recommend you give then all a go.
1.) friends- a classic sitcom everyone loves for a good reason. It is hilarious, has great storylines and you will fall in love with the amazing characters. Also, you can watch the same episode 10 times and you'll still laugh every time.
2.) The 100- This dystopian show is intense, exciting and thrilling at all times. It doesn't ever disappoint and it is filled with twists and original storylines.
3.) Supernatural- This action/fantasy show is very original and has multiple storylines. It takes a bit to build up, but if you stick by it, you won't regret it
4.) big bang theory- Another sitcom, it is also hilarious. It is also very original and has a great range of seasons.
5.) American Horror Story- If you like horror or dark storylines, then I really recommend this show. It is very dark and filled with action. Also, with a new story every season, it never gets boring.
6.) Orphan Black- Very original action show. Everyone I've recommended this to absolutely loved it.
7) Once Upon A Time- Even though it has gotten quite a lot worse with time, the first few seasons of this show were good and I really enjoyed watching them
8) Stranger Things- This show is thrilling and exciting at all times. It's popular for a reason. However, it's not higher up the list because I never really connected to it as much as with other shows
9) How i met your mother- This sitcom is hilarious and it was one of the first sitcoms I watched so I've always loved it. However, compared to the other sitcoms in this list, it is not as good
10) The Good Place- This show is original and different and it's a great show to have in the background. It's not higher up because not much happens a lot of the time and it can become a bit dull.
death note.
period

Quick Reply

Latest