The Student Room Group

How to beg a Sixth Form to let me in ?

I am feeling very stressful and depressed.A situation has arose where understandardly a Sixth Form has rejected me on the basis of i failed to get a Grade 4 in Maths in June.I got a 3 but i was suffering with so many problems back then,that i know if i get a Second Chance i can pass it as i will Actually REVISE and put 100% effort in.This is the only problem,how do i beg the Sixth Form to let me retake and let me in. I dont know what i'll do with my life if i cant get in.All the other Colleges are too far away or Have really bad reputations in regard to students behaviour.HOW do i beg them to let me in and give me a shot at a retake ?

Scroll to see replies

Ask your secondary schools' tutor/nurse/maths teacher or whatever to write them a letter of extenuating circumstances for why you failed.
Reply 2
Original post by LostAccount
Ask your secondary schools' tutor/nurse/maths teacher or whatever to write them a letter of extenuating circumstances for why you failed.

Not possible,i have lost all contact with my former secondary school.I dont know what to do.
Original post by Ty457
Not possible,i have lost all contact with my former secondary school.I dont know what to do.

You mean the secondary school disappeared or all human contact is lost?

You know you can walk yourself there and ask at the reception, right?
Reply 4
Original post by LostAccount
You mean the secondary school disappeared or all human contact is lost?

You know you can walk yourself there and ask at the reception, right?

They dont have any Medical Evidence to show that i failed GCSE Maths because of this.Their reply would be,'should've worked harder' which is true
Reply 5
What the hell do i do ?? I NEED ADVISE ASAP Please.
Reply 6
Original post by Ty457

Have you spoken to the Sixth Form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Doonesbury
Have you spoken to the Sixth Form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Via Email yes the College Registrar has said to me Minimum requirements for a Level 3 Course is at least a 4 in Maths and wishes me good luck in finding a place at a Alternative college.How do i find a way to rectify this situation ?
With no medical evidence the secondary school cannot do much to help. If you organise to resit the subject and prove it to the sixth form they may let you in. Do the sixth form not offer a resit?

The reason why the sixth form can’t let you in is because everyone as of 2017 has to leave education with a grade 4 in GCSE Maths.
Reply 9
Original post by Teebowe
With no medical evidence the secondary school cannot do much to help. If you organise to resit the subject and prove it to the sixth form they may let you in. Do the sixth form not offer a resit?

The reason why the sixth form can’t let you in is because everyone as of 2017 has to leave education with a grade 4 in GCSE Maths.

Given i am a 'External Student' and not one of their own,i dont think they are inclined to waste their money on 1 student.What do i do then,this is the only Sixth Form which is suitable,can i lie about the grade and say i made a mistake or can i beg them more in the hope they let me in and retake it,i will be happy to cover the cost
Reply 10
What do i do now ? I have to go to this Sixth Form,i really dont know what my future look like
Reply 11
What do i do now ? I just hate life sometimes.Is their anything i can do to let me enroll
Reply 12
Original post by Ty457
can i lie about the grade and say i made a mistake or can i beg them more in the hope they let me in and retake it,i will be happy to cover the cost

no because you will have to show the certificate.

retake, and reapply.
Reply 13
Original post by Doonesbury
no because you will have to show the certificate.

retake, and reapply.

Retake,where ? As i said i will be happy to retake at that sixth form and i will pay for it.As long as they give me a place if i pass it
Reply 14
Original post by Ty457
Retake,where ? As i said i will be happy to retake at that sixth form and i will pay for it.As long as they give me a place if i pass it

Ask them then.

Or find an alternative exam centre that accepts external students. Or ask your original school.
Lying won’t work as I know a few people who did that and failed completely trying to do so. They check by looking at your certificates against what you put. Lying will make it worse.

I would ask them if you could pay for the retake, I believe you have to if you do so early. For example I retook my English in November, I paid about £70 to do it early instead of having to waste the year. The same would apply for maths or at least be similar. Maybe a private tutor would help your case to the sixth form.

I don’t know what your parents think or if you want to involve them but having one of them with you to back you up or guarantee payment will help.
It might be best to go to another sixth form even if they are bad, and just ask if they can let you retake maths as thats what some sixth forms usually do. I'm suprised they won't let you, mines an outstanding sixth form but they still accept some people with fails in maths. Which sixth form is it?
Reply 17
Original post by Ella_Jones
It might be best to go to another sixth form even if they are bad, and just ask if they can let you retake maths as thats what some sixth forms usually do. I'm suprised they won't let you, mines an outstanding sixth form but they still accept some people with fails in maths. Which sixth form is it?

Sir John Cass Sixth Form College.I believe the reason is because i am a External Student i didnt go to John Cass's Secondary School
Original post by Ty457

Original post by Ty457
What do i do now ? I just hate life sometimes.Is their anything i can do to let me enroll

is there anywhere else in your area you can apply to
Reply 19
Original post by Ray_Shadows
is there anywhere else in your area you can apply to

Nope all too far away.Only that particular Sixth Form offers a array of subject and high quality teaching.I have to get into that, i am already a Year behind in my age.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest