The Student Room Group

5'1 18 Year Old Male

Hi guys.
I'm planning to go to uni next year but obviously from the title I'm really short. What are some of the key struggles I will have at uni and how much of an impact will they have? Feel free to ask any questions.

Scroll to see replies

High shelves
Reply 2
Ah yes. I'd forgotten that lecturers refuse to talk to you if you're under 5'8.... :rolleyes:

You're at uni to learn. Your height has no impact on that at all.

If you're this self conscious about it, nothing anybody says here will be able to help you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Volibear
Struggles?

Yeah so like what problems will I have?
Reply 4
Original post by Guru Jason
High shelves

Aha yeah but I'm used to that. What about with the people and living with them?
Reply 5
Original post by Drewski
Ah yes. I'd forgotten that lecturers refuse to talk to you if you're under 5'8.... :rolleyes:

You're at uni to learn. Your height has no impact on that at all.

If you're this self conscious about it, nothing anybody says he will be able to help you.

I was more on about living with people etc. Tbh
Odd person might take the p1ss with a few jibes but people in university should be more sensitive than compared to people in general.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I was more on about living with people etc. Tbh

What about them?

Why do you think life will be any different to how it is for you now? Uni isn't a magical new world. It's not Narnia.
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski
What about them?

Why do you think life will be any different to how it is for you now? Uni isn't a magical new world. It's not Narnia.

Because I don't live with tall people 😂 I know what they're like in public but was more on about actually living etc. With them
Reply 9
wear high heels
Original post by aceplayyt
wear high heels

Some girls have actually tried to make me in the past
Aha yeah but I'm used to that. What about with the people and living with them?

Well people will make jokes so it's better to accept now and take it as banter
If you're thinking about joining the basketball team - forget it.
Because I don't live with tall people

You make it sound like you think they're a different species, or some kind of alien.

Stop projecting. You're going to be living with fellow students. End of.
Sorry, anon. Sounds like you've drawn the short straw in life.
Hi guys.
I'm planning to go to uni next year but obviously from the title I'm really short. What are some of the key struggles I will have at uni and how much of an impact will they have? Feel free to ask any questions.

When they pick you up and start cradling you.
Boy will that get on your nerves.
Hi guys.

Just gonna put it out there, i'm 5'3 18 too. been self conscious always, i'll give u a tip. buy yourself some boots..obviously so that they go up your leg. inside them, fold some socks and tape them together and just stand on them when wearing your shoots. it adds 4 inches for me plus the 2 inches boots normally add so everyone thinks im 5'9. and to anyone thinking that this is impractical or lying to others. if girls can wear heels and be comfortable. tm, a stable pile of folded socks in your boots is more than comfy and the lying part..its only uni, you're not gonna meet these people after 2 years.. the people who will need to know your real height, will know.
Reply 17
i'm 5'3 18 too. it adds 4 inches for me plus the 2 inches boots normally add so everyone thinks im 5'9.

You should be arrested for fraud.......
Original post by ANM775
You should be arrested for fraud.......

more people than you'd think do it, not to the extent of what i do, but i've know guys who are 5'9, 5'10 that just stick some lifts into their shoes just to hit that 6ft
Reply 19
more people than you'd think do it, not to the extent of what i do, but i've know guys who are 5'9, 5'10 that just stick some lifts into their shoes just to hit that 6ft

I don't see the point in frauding to the extent you have

what if you meet a girl, and then you take your shoes off to have sex and you've shrunk like 6 inches in height

how do you think that's going to go down?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending