The Student Room Group

Would you move to another country for university?

University in England is very expensive so what are your thoughts on moving to another country with free or cheaper fees but being far away for family?
I defiantly considered studying in Sweden, Finland or Germany before the EU referendum due to the cheaper fees and the independence it would have given me even though I'm a family girl. However as I would start unit in September 2019 I've now given up on the idea because of how much more difficult it would have been to study abroad in Europe.
Reply 2
University in England is more or less free. The only burden is accommodation and cost of living if I need extra than my maintenance loan. Repaying tuition fees and maintenance loans will never be a burden, it’s just a tiny tax top up that’ll never harm me and never be fully repaid anyway.

If I go to another country I have to pay for everything upfront, not only is it upfront but I actually HAVE TO pay, in England no one forces me to pay a penny unless I meet conditions which are beyond fair.
Original post by lucykershaw2000
I defiantly considered studying in Sweden, Finland or Germany before the EU referendum due to the cheaper fees and the independence it would have given me even though I'm a family girl. However as I would start unit in September 2019 I've now given up on the idea because of how much more difficult it would have been to study abroad in Europe.

Most countries have similar costs for Home/EU and International students. The only difference it would likely make is you would need a student visa.

Even then, it's not set in stone that the current system wouldn't continue with free movement to the EU during transition.
Reply 4
I'm moving to the netherlands for uni :smile: (been studying the IB in Switzerland though)

Personally, I'm really excited to move again to a new country and it is so much cheaper!

Most courses are €2000 euros a year so I'd definitely say if you don't want debt it could be an option

Quick Reply

Latest