The Student Room Group

Offers and Clearing

Hi I'm currently a year 13 student and I received all offers from the universities I've chosen. But I've decided that I don't want to go to any of it because most of them are too far (I know I should have thought about it before applying). So will it be possible to not go to any of them and apply to a different university like Queen Mary University through clearing?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by lmr0815
Hi I'm currently a year 13 student and I received all offers from the universities I've chosen. But I've decided that I don't want to go to any of it because most of them are too far (I know I should have thought about it before applying). So will it be possible to not go to any of them and apply to a different university like Queen Mary University through clearing?

Thanks in advance!

If you decide to apply through Clearing (or Extra, which opens on Feb 25th) you need to be holding no offers, so you'd have to decline any offers you have - which is something you can't undo, so you need to be 10000% sure before you do.
Reply 2
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
If you decide to apply through Clearing (or Extra, which opens on Feb 25th) you need to be holding no offers, so you'd have to decline any offers you have - which is something you can't undo, so you need to be 10000% sure before you do.

Hi thank you for the information. Can you please tell me more about 'Extra'?
Reply 3

Hi again, I was wondering if I can re-write my personal statement if I apply for different course for Extra?
Original post by lmr0815
Hi thank you for the information. Can you please tell me more about 'Extra'?

I'm not sure if you're allowed the re-write your personal statement for UCAS extra; if you contact the university directly they might be able to help you - some may want one, and some might not.

But anyway, UCAS Extra is basically an 'extra' choice for your application; it opens on February 25th and stays open until July 4th. You apply to another university course one at a time. When they respond the universities still give the typical three offers, but once you accept one, you cannot pick an insurance choice. if you don't meet the conditions for the offer on results day you're automatically entered for clearing. If you're rejected by your UCAS extra choice, you can simply pick another course and repeat the process as long as it takes to get an offer or until it's July 4th.

The official video about it from UCAS themselves is on their YouTube channel and also on their website; just search 'UCAS extra' and it should pop up somewhere.
Reply 5
I'm not sure if you're allowed the re-write your personal statement for UCAS extra; if you contact the university directly they might be able to help you - some may want one, and some might not.

But anyway, UCAS Extra is basically an 'extra' choice for your application; it opens on February 25th and stays open until July 4th. You apply to another university course one at a time. When they respond the universities still give the typical three offers, but once you accept one, you cannot pick an insurance choice. if you don't meet the conditions for the offer on results day you're automatically entered for clearing. If you're rejected by your UCAS extra choice, you can simply pick another course and repeat the process as long as it takes to get an offer or until it's July 4th.

The official video about it from UCAS themselves is on their YouTube channel and also on their website; just search 'UCAS extra' and it should pop up somewhere.

Once again thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest