The Student Room Group

Kingston London or Nottingham Trent? Interior Design BA

I am deciding between studying at Kingston and Nottingham Trent.
Kingston is higher in rankings and is in London and I love the city, but it is quite expensive. Nottingham trent seems very friendly with lots of unions and also city is nice.Do you have any experience with these? Which one would you advise?
I also might get an offer from Middlesex, is it better than those two?
Thank you very much
Original post by AlexandraMis
Kingston is higher in rankings and is in London and I love the city, but it is quite expensive. Nottingham trent seems very friendly with lots of unions and also city is nice.Do you have any experience with these? Which one would you advise?
Thank you very much

Hi AlexandraMis

Great to hear that you are considering NTU as one of your choices!

I was in fact born in Kingston so I 100% get your dilemma about choosing which city to live in, they both really do have their charms and I personally love spending time in both cities.

Nottingham is fairly cheaper in comparison and London is only 1 hour 50 mins away on the train so if you did want to spend a weekend in the hustle and bustle of London, it's really not that far away.

Creating a list of pro's and con's for each city may help you decide which one is for you.

But as well as the city, is there anything in particular you are looking to get out of your university experience? At NTU, in your third year you'll have the chance to go out on a year-long full time placement. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable real-world experience.

You might want to compare the 2 courses at NTU and Kingston and see if there are any aspects of either of the courses that appeals to you most :smile:

Hope this helps, let me know if I can help any further!

Chris
Original post by AlexandraMis
Thank you very much

Hi!

I am currently studying and working at Middlesex!
I am loving my time here as there is so much to get involved in and so many great ways to make new friends :smile: There are loads of sports, societies and jobs on campus! It is a very international, diverse and multicultural community!
I felt at home as soon as I started :smile:
We are also only 15 minutes away from Camden Town, which means that you can have both the campus life but get to central London very quickly :smile:
In terms of Interior Design, the facilities are state of the art!
You will get to showcase your work to industry experts and there are loads of opportunities to get work experience and internships!

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions

Have a great day :smile:
Ludovica

Quick Reply

Latest