The Student Room Group

Am i allowed to say the N word

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Wired_1800
No, but let me explain.

With your family history and the history of this country, at one point a part of your family used to own, maltreat and kill another part of your family.

The white part believed that the black part were 3/5 human and were not even regarded normal to be treated with compassion. They were treated like animals and worked to their bones. The weak ones were killed off and the strong ones bred like basic animals.

The N-word was used to provide the verbal disdain that they had for the other man and his people. Even when the slave trade ended, the white part got paid for loss of their “interests”, but most of the black part was given nothing. Some were even lynched and killed instantly because they were no longer of us.

You see some elements of the racism have existed to this day. Yeah, we have progressed a bit from those days, but work needs to be done.

Even with all of that, what is in your mind is why you are unable to use the same word that a part of your family used to dehumanise another part.

It is okay for someone to be uneducated and can be educated, it is a shame to be ignorant and still be the embodiment of progress from a horrible history.

by that logic a half black person should not be allowed to use it, and nowadays basically every race except for white people are allowed to use it
aight nig*a firstly from that informative a*s paragraph alone you are by far the whitest nig*a I have ever seen. So to put it straight nah mah nig*a you ain't using this sh*t unless you gots the nig*a code memorised back to front. White a*s dude soundin like some buzzfeed informant.
Original post by finorin00
I am 3 quarters white, and 1 quarter black, seeing as the justification for using the N word goes back to slavery which I am descended from am i allowed to say it?, i personally think i am but just interested on others thoughts

Try screaming it in the middle of Croydon and tell us how it goes.
Reply 23
Original post by SuperHuman98

I dont care to use the word, but that video basically says yes to my question as im descended from slavery in the same way regular black people who use it are
Reply 24
Original post by AspiringAccount
aight nig*a firstly from that informative a*s paragraph alone you are by far the whitest nig*a I have ever seen. So to put it straight nah mah nig*a you ain't using this sh*t unless you gots the nig*a code memorised back to front. White a*s dude soundin like some buzzfeed informant.

I dont know what an n word code is, you obviosuly have no idea about what the real meaning of the word is and probably arent even black yourself
Ridiculous! I personally think that nobody should be using the N word doesn't matter whether your black or not really grinds my gears when I hear the word being uttered around me. The whole concept that it is acceptable for a black person to use N word is mind boggling.
One day I hope that no one has to use that word again.
I dont care to use the word, but that video basically says yes to my question as im descended from slavery in the same way regular black people who use it are

Not every black person has an ancestor that was a slave though, and using the word just reinforces the racism that has been prevalent in history.

Why are other derogatory terms not allowed but changing 2 letters in the N word is?

Also, noone will respect you if you use that word, and rightly so
(edited 6 years ago)
I dont know what an n word code is, you obviosuly have no idea about what the real meaning of the word is and probably arent even black yourself

nah nig*a real talk the names thuguto the third. Worlds first thug to rob a poundland armed with a butterknife and a tic tac pack.
by that logic a half black person should not be allowed to use it, and nowadays basically every race except for white people are allowed to use it

Nobody should be allowed to use it. It is a word that represents centuries of undiluted evil towards a group of people based on nothing other than their racial identity.
Reply 30
Original post by SuperHuman98
Not every black person has an ancestor that was a slave though, and using the word just reinforces the racism that has been prevalent in history.

Why are derogatory terms for other ethnicities not allowed but changing 2 letters in the N word is?

exactly
while it may just be a word, it’s a word that carries a lot of meaning and emotion with it. and even thought you may not necessarily agree with that type of censorship, if a word you consistently say has a possibility of negatively affecting others, why say it? Show some respect for people of all types. If you have a black friend who doesn’t mind you saying it, cool, say it around him. But that’s permission from ONE person, it doesn’t give you permission to use the word freely.
I am 3 quarters white, and 1 quarter black, seeing as the justification for using the N word goes back to slavery which I am descended from am i allowed to say it?, i personally think i am but just interested on others thoughts

Well frankly speaking nothing is stopping you from saying it. But a better question is why would you want to say it?
Reply 33
I think the real question is.. why you would want to say it in the first place.

If there's any ambiguity as to whether you should say it, the answer is always no.

It doesn't take or add anything to you if you aren't able to say it? Why the pressing need?
(edited 6 years ago)
You can’t say it whether you are black or white. Done. No arguments. Sorted.
It’s a simple answer ...no.... people won’t really care of ur 1/4th Black , its only if u are actually of colour u would be able to say that .
Reply 36
Original post by obaid786
It’s a simple answer ...no.... people won’t really care of ur 1/4th Black , its only if u are actually of colour u would be able to say that .

fact is the word is a cultural thing, and its part of a culture which I am more a part of than most black people from africa who are darker than i am, its irrelevant what other people care about
Reply 37

you're a bit too white to be throwing it around imo

you should be half black half white at the very least if you hope to use it around black people and not cause offence........

i've seen some 3 quarters white people and 1 quarters black people look completely white...........
There shouldn’t be any words that can only be said by people of a particular colour.
Original post by gampslaw123
yes you can. im 100% white and i can say it. no one owns the word dear so use it all you like, regardless of skin colour.

you've just exposed yourself as a xenophobic, racist fascist bigot. well done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending