The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Water
Thanks. :smile: Still waiting for a reply lol.

You'll be fine! How was your day?:smile:
Reply 81
Original post by sunshine774
You'll be fine! How was your day?:smile:

Thanks. :smile: It was good, managed to get some work done. How was your day? :smile:
Thursday 22nd February 2018
Today has been quite a productive day :smile: I only had economics today and having one lesson is always nice!

Economics: So today we covered the Lorenz Curve and the Gini Coefficient for A2 macro. It was pretty easy to understand which was good! But then we had to write an essay titled "evaluate the consequences of income inequality and poverty." It was actually quite a challenging essay at first I was confused with what graph to draw!:s-smilie: However, I'm going to write it over the weekend so I fully understand it!:smile: And, this may sound crazy, but I'm going to write all 152 possible essays for economics!:tongue:

After econ, I did some maths integration work in the library. I've completely forgotten how to do all of it :frown: But after some practice I was getting the hang of it again! I just kept making really silly mistakes and sometimes I find it hard to spot trig identities etc. We have an integration test next Friday, and I plan on doing all the exercises in the book, and then past paper questions. I did 2 hours revision :smile:

And just now I did my chem homework on aromatic compounds which was surprisingly fine! I may watch a couple of maths videos now but I'm so tired and I need to get up at 5 :tongue: Tomorrow, in my hour of revision before college I'm going to watch examsolutions videos on new integration topics we'll cover in the lesson. And then after college I'm gonna start on those 152 economics essays!:tongue: Yesterday I also sent my application off to Deloitte which is really exciting! They said they'll give me an update on my application in 3-5 working days which is pretty soon. Hopefully it'll be good news!:biggrin:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"Success is something you attract by the person you become"- Jim Rohn :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks. :smile: It was good, managed to get some work done. How was your day? :smile:

That's good!:smile: You can read my update to see how my day went :tongue: Just realised you changed your profile pic (did you have one before)?
Reply 84
That's good!:smile: You can read my update to see how my day went :tongue: Just realised you changed your profile pic (did you have one before)?

Will definitely read it. :smile: Thanks lol, no I didn’t have one before this.
Will definitely read it. :smile: Thanks lol, no I didn’t have one before this.

Thank you :smile: Oh thought so :tongue: I like your pic anyway!
Reply 86
Thank you :smile: Oh thought so :tongue: I like your pic anyway!

Thanks! :smile: It’s a bit of a random one but I like it. :tongue:
Thanks! :smile: It’s a bit of a random one but I like it. :tongue:

Yeah lol what actually is it?:tongue:
Reply 88
Yeah lol what actually is it?:tongue:

To be honest, I have no idea haha. :smile:
Sunday 25th February 2018
Sorry I haven't updated in a few days! I've been really busy over the weekend and I haven't done any work. My motivation is really low :redface: I just hope I can get some work done tomorrow! I need to revise a LOT for integration tomorrow as we have a test on Friday, and i can barely remember any of the techniques but I do understand it so it should be fine. My mocks are in 3.5 weeks too I need to make a plan and get revising for them :s-smilie: I think I'll be fine for maths as I've revised properly for all the tests and done all the past paper questions (we're meant to have a C4 and an S2 mock.) For chem, I need to finish making notes on the AS stuff and do a lot more practice questions. I actually need to do the most for economics; I find it the easiest subject so I don't really do any work for it. But I have no AS notes (oops) and I really need to write all the essays! Luckily I'll have time to so this tomorrow as I have a day off college!:smile:

I plan to get up at 5 and then start my work at 8. I'm going to revise all day hopefully do 8-10 hours of work, as I've had 3 days of doing nothing. Oh and good news- I passed the online application for Deloitte and they've invited me to do their online test!:biggrin: I plan to do it tomorrow and I also need to write a cover letter and send an application off for 3 other internships. Hope everybody had a relaxing yet productive weekend!:smile:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit"- Banksy :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mez_merising
what else do you plan on doing for your gap year?

I plan on learning to drive, travelling, working, volunteering and doing A2 Further Maths :smile:
To be honest, I have no idea haha. :smile:

Fair enough:tongue: How was your weekend?
Reply 92
Fair enough:tongue: How was your weekend?

It was good thanks. How was yours? :smile:
Reply 93
I plan on learning to drive, travelling, working, volunteering and doing A2 Further Maths :smile:

Isn’t this the last year to do the old specification then next year is to re-sit modules only?
Isn’t this the last year to do the old specification then next year is to re-sit modules only?

Is it? Oh I was hoping to complete it as I'm only taking the AS this year.
It was good thanks. How was yours? :smile:

It was good too thanks. Do anything interesting?:smile:
Reply 96
It was good too thanks. Do anything interesting?:smile:

That’s good. :smile: Not really, just revision. Going to do a lot more tomorrow and try past questions.
Reply 97
Is it? Oh I was hoping to complete it as I'm only taking the AS this year.

Yeah I think it is. Oh right. I’m not sure what you’d do then because I don’t think you can do them next year unless you’re re-taking a module. Have you entered for AS exams this year? You could try learning the new Further Maths course but you’d need to know 2 years worth of work for exams.
Yeah I think it is. Oh right. I’m not sure what you’d do then because I don’t think you can do them next year unless you’re re-taking a module. Have you entered for AS exams this year? You could try learning the new Further Maths course but you’d need to know 2 years worth of work for exams.

Oh right I had no idea! Yeah I'm only doing AS this year as I self taught it in the summer and didn't want to do the entire a level in a year. Oh is the new content very different then?
That’s good. :smile: Not really, just revision. Going to do a lot more tomorrow and try past questions.

That's good I still haven't started my revision today I just feel really cold and ill :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending