The Student Room Group

Social Work QUB 2018

Hey all, I have an interview for Social Work undergraduate degree on Tuesday 20th, anybody have any tips or have had an interview?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Hi I read on another forum answer your questions on personal experience there is roughly 6 questions and 2 scenarios !! And be yourself that was a girl in her first year put that up, also how long did you hear after your 600 word statement ? As my friend is waiting!! Thankyou x
Original post by Tinasean
Hi I read on another forum answer your questions on personal experience there is roughly 6 questions and 2 scenarios !! And be yourself that was a girl in her first year put that up, also how long did you hear after your 600 word statement ? As my friend is waiting!! Thankyou x

Hiya, I had my interview today and it was one scenario and then 2 questions based on the scenario, then 4 questions on my personal experiences and my interest in social work. It took about 2 weeks for them to get back to me x
Aww brilliant thanks to that and hope your interview went well good luck x
I found the interview really random I had learned so much and found I couldn't use any of it to answer the questions with. No amount if prep could have prepared me for that yesterday 🙈
Original post by Aisling2830
I found the interview really random I had learned so much and found I couldn't use any of it to answer the questions with. No amount if prep could have prepared me for that yesterday 🙈

Me too lol I was reading up on legislation, codes of conduct etc and they asked nothing about that! They barely even mentioned my voluntary experience
Original post by Bethanoflaherty
Me too lol I was reading up on legislation, codes of conduct etc and they asked nothing about that! They barely even mentioned my voluntary experience

I was same although one of the questions I could kick myself I could have mentioned about niscc and codes of conduct and practice. When I think about it they did ask for the information but u had to really work it out
Hiya, I had my interview today and it was one scenario and then 2 questions based on the scenario, then 4 questions on my personal experiences and my interest in social work. It took about 2 weeks for them to get back to me x

Have you heard back from them regarding your interview? The guidance they give was it useful for interview?
Original post by Sophieoneill121
Have you heard back from them regarding your interview? The guidance they give was it useful for interview?

Hey, no I haven't heard back yet and it's almost been 3 weeks! The guidance was okay but some of it was unnecessary as I didn't get asked questions on the Niscc or codes of conduct etc
Hey, no I haven't heard back yet and it's almost been 3 weeks! The guidance was okay but some of it was unnecessary as I didn't get asked questions on the Niscc or codes of conduct etc

Yeah I think they have till like may to kinda get back to you!!, hopefully it went well!! Did the scenario can you write things down and do u have the scenario in front of you to refer to in the individual interview?
Original post by Sophieoneill121
Yeah I think they have till like may to kinda get back to you!!, hopefully it went well!! Did the scenario can you write things down and do u have the scenario in front of you to refer to in the individual interview?

No you cannot write things down you have 15 minutes to read it and you aren't allowed it into the actual interview x
Fair enough! Did you mention legislation or codes of practice?, when did you do ur interview for Queen’s and have u heard anything. Do you know when they are going to let people know x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending