The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology 7192 - 05/13/15 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion]

Hi guys! I’m in year 13, I’m predicted an A/A* in sociology. But I haven’t seen a study group or chat posted for the 2018 summer a level exam. So if anyone is interested in helping each other revise or sharing any notes, let’s hope we can all do well!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds good to me. How are you revising?
Reply 2
Well I have a mock exam next week on the topics in sociology paper so I’m currently just doing practice questions and breaking down my notes into smaller notes which seems to have worked well so far. My main aim is to learn more sociologists and case studies though because I’ve noticed they really boost the mark. How about you?
Reply 3
Is everyone doing the education section?
Reply 4
Yeah, I think everyone has to do that, the only place we may differ is the topics we choose to do in paper two
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Essay plans- not really sure if its a good idea or not. Ive recently done my mocks so ill find out then :biggrin:
Reply 6
Making essay plans for previous years question really helps as most of the questions repeat year after year
Reply 7
Good. Do you have any online revision materials?
Reply 8
How do you structure your 30 markers??
Reply 9
Paper 2
Is that beliefs and family?
Reply 10
Yeah Paper two is the two topics you choose so beliefs and families could be your options
Reply 11
Does anyone know what came up last year....
You can pretty much eliminate revising those topics as aqa won't repeat imo
Original post by 3mmz
Does anyone know what came up last year....
You can pretty much eliminate revising those topics as aqa won't repeat imo

Last year for AS they repeated a similar question to the year before so I wouldn't leave anything to chance
Reply 13
Original post by Pareet_b
Last year for AS they repeated a similar question to the year before so I wouldn't leave anything to chance

Do you have last years papers? They are not on the AQA website
hey! can anyone quickly tell me what are going to be in the three papers? thanks! (A2 btw)
Reply 15
Original post by Qasim Abbassi
hey! can anyone quickly tell me what are going to be in the three papers? thanks! (A2 btw)

How would people know what's going to come up lol?
Reply 16
Hey I do aqa sociology, I’m doing education and families and beliefs. I’m predicted an a* but would love to know how everyone else revises bcos idk how effective my methods acc are.
Reply 17
Original post by 3mmz
Do you have last years papers? They are not on the AQA website

We did paper 1 and 3 for our mock so I can send you them in a bit
Reply 18
Original post by neha_
Hey I do aqa sociology, I’m doing education and families and beliefs. I’m predicted an a* but would love to know how everyone else revises bcos idk how effective my methods acc are.

My teacher has put together a compact revision book with everything we need to know, we’re getting it on Monday so I can put up pictures of the contents when I get it if anyone is interested?
Reply 19
Original post by SianJo18
My teacher has put together a compact revision book with everything we need to know, we’re getting it on Monday so I can put up pictures of the contents when I get it if anyone is interested?

Oo yes pls!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending