The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good thinking markov - indeed, that didn't count for the longer term, regarding if we get any slumps like what we had before on that weird 9 month thread... :tongue:
Original post by spotify95

Good thinking markov - indeed, that didn't count for the longer term, regarding if we get any slumps like what we had before on that weird 9 month thread... :tongue:

The idea is to build up a good excess/bank of posts, that way we can afford slow periods. And in the case we go into minus/behind schedule, as seen happened before, Counters will generally have a drive to get it back positive again. I wouldn't be against changing the target to say 360-400.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by markovchain17
The idea is to build up a good excess/bank of posts, that way we can afford slow periods. And in the case we go into minus/behind schedule, as seen happened before, Counters will generally have a drive to get it back positive again. I wouldn't be against changing the target to say 360-400.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed - that way, if we did have such times, whereby we were getting a very small amount of posts (say less than 50, which is not ideal at all - though I do remember once, we were struggling to do a page a day!), we would still have enough posts in surplus to keep things on track (overall) for our predicted completion date.

Obviously, getting more posts done (and therefore getting the thread completed sooner) would be better, but who knows what will happen?

Also, what do you think regarding CTAMIV and MTZ - what is your estimated completion date for those - or are they too slow to even predict a finish at all?

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by markovchain17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with this, we're still very fragile, relying on only a limited number of regular posters.

You need at least two to pound the numbers, so we will have quiet periods.

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Phirstman
Agree with this, we're still very fragile, relying on only a limited number of regular posters.

You need at least two to pound the numbers, so we will have quiet periods.

Yup, we can always check our estimated finish time at the end of each thread to see how fast we're going

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest