The Student Room Group

Urgent help required

A parachutist bails out from height h and freely falls 50m. Then the parachute opens, and thereafter she decelerates at 2 m/sec^2. She reaches the ground with a speed of 3 m/sec.

a) Derive an initial value problem for the second part of the motion, i.e. the fall with the open parachute, and construct its solution.

b)Write the function y(t) for the position of the parachuter from the moment she leaves the aeroplane (t = 0) until she reaches the ground (t = t2).
Original post by Deacon-Tillard
A parachutist bails out from height h and freely falls 50m. Then the parachute opens, and thereafter she decelerates at 2 m/sec^2. She reaches the ground with a speed of 3 m/sec.

a) Derive an initial value problem for the second part of the motion, i.e. the fall with the open parachute, and construct its solution.

b)Write the function y(t) for the position of the parachuter from the moment she leaves the aeroplane (t = 0) until she reaches the ground (t = t2).

Please post your working

Maths questions belong in the Maths forum.
Mathematics is for discussion of the university course itself.
Reply 2
Original post by Deacon-Tillard

Why is it urgent? Is her parachute not working...?

And see below...
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Please post your working

Maths questions belong in the Maths forum.
Mathematics is for discussion of the university course itself.

Now moved :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest