The Student Room Group

My FWB makes crap bacon sarnies :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
I do but am flabbergasted you cant use the woody charm to intervene.

It's a tough one dude, causing me a right ball-ache :frown: Think I'm just gonna offer to make them out of courtesy like I said, possibly even take my own loaf. She can't get offended if I say I've brought different bread because I don't like hers, it's not an insult toward her sandwich making skills after all, I just don't like the granary loaf :top:
thats a good thing, bacon butties are empty calories anyways fella.
Why are you calling it a sarnie?
Original post by goggleyed
thats a good thing, bacon butties are empty calories anyways fella.

Bacon is technically a complete source of protein, given its amino acid content :tongue:

Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Why are you calling it a sarnie?

Cause I'm common as f***
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Bacon is technically a complete source of protein, given its amino acid content :tongue:

Yes but bread is not
Original post by goggleyed
Yes but bread is not

Bread is mostly carbs. A carb is a carb. All carbs are converted to glucose once digested, and used in the same way. The same way that a fat is a fat - all fatty acids are used as a fuel source. When there's an excess of calories, then those extra calories are stored as fat. The perceived "quality" of them is irrelevant.

The phrase "empty calories" is often misunderstood. It refers to a calorie that lacks micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). There are no foods that the body can't use and simply just shuttles away as fat.
says the hard man who is not grown enough to make his own food.....
Reply 27
Just show her a new standard by making the post coital sandwiches once yourself. After white bread with lashings of HP sauce no one could go back. Nothing wrong with crispy mind
I don't know how to tell her. If it was just a single improvement needed, I'd drop her a hint. Being frank, though, her bacon sandwiches are an abomination.

She loves making them for me post-coitus and we eat our sandwiches in bed together and she always says she loves to treat me and asks if it's nice. I always say yes, because I don't have the heart to tell her that the bacon is overcooked and cold; she's been stingy on the bacon and too generous with the marg and ketchup; she always puts pepper in it which ruins it for me; and she uses this horrible granary loaf bread which just isn't meant for bacon.

The first couple of times, I thought oh well, she'll make you one here and there, just deal with it, I'm not actually a fussy eater in the slightest despite what the previous sentence may suggest. I visited her for a few hours this evening though before she went to work, and I've realised that this is going to be a regular thing and I need to nip it in the bud.

Rather than rattle off everything that's wrong with her sandwiches, the only other options are to just flat out say "soz m8 your bacon sarnies are a joke" or tell her to not make me one, which is pretty much guaranteed to hurt her feelings.

:argh: What to do, TSR? Man's bare confused :s-smilie:

use your "smarts" not to ask stupid questions.
I don't know how to tell her. If it was just a single improvement needed, I'd drop her a hint. Being frank, though, her bacon sandwiches are an abomination.

She loves making them for me post-coitus and we eat our sandwiches in bed together and she always says she loves to treat me and asks if it's nice. I always say yes, because I don't have the heart to tell her that the bacon is overcooked and cold; she's been stingy on the bacon and too generous with the marg and ketchup; she always puts pepper in it which ruins it for me; and she uses this horrible granary loaf bread which just isn't meant for bacon.

The first couple of times, I thought oh well, she'll make you one here and there, just deal with it, I'm not actually a fussy eater in the slightest despite what the previous sentence may suggest. I visited her for a few hours this evening though before she went to work, and I've realised that this is going to be a regular thing and I need to nip it in the bud.

Rather than rattle off everything that's wrong with her sandwiches, the only other options are to just flat out say "soz m8 your bacon sarnies are a joke" or tell her to not make me one, which is pretty much guaranteed to hurt her feelings.

:argh: What to do, TSR? Man's bare confused :s-smilie:

how did you meet your fwb?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending