The Student Room Group

need advice talking to girls

so im male 16 and im trying to flirt with girls so i can eventually go out with them but it never goes as planned.
the convos always me asking wuu2, and there like nothing much u and i say im watching tv or some **** and then its just back to square one? i ask a question and i get an answer and i dont know what to do next? its like it turns into some kind of interview when im trying to flirt i also dont wanna come across as too ****boy either so i dont dive in too deep. does any girl have any advice on the best ways that guys speak to them through text? and what convo starters are there? i tried googling some but they are all just cringey stuff you would never say, thanks
Reply 1
Most of your conversations in everyday life aren't solely question and answer oriented. It involves commenting on what each other has to say, maybe relating to it to some extent, sharing similar stories, etc..

It's like talking to any of your guy mates. Do you end up interviewing them or do you have things you can relate to each other about? Talking to a guy is the same as talking to a girl.

Ask open ended questions rather than yes/no questions. If they're giving dead replies then they're probably not interested anyway.
Maybe it's just me .. but I'd say be yourself and engage in a discussion ? I've had long discussions start off just by saying stuff such as "I'm eating the best snack ever you wouldn't believe." I feel that engaging in that way makes the discussion more personal and real, but maybe that's just me
Are you just starting conversations online? If so, speak to them in person first and build from there, its far easier and less awkward
Firstly find something you have in common with the girl, if it's someone from school/college then that's deffo a place to start. If you start with that common ground then it's a lot easier to get a proper conversation flowing, that can become flirty. As a girl myself I personally like it when a guy is confident, am not talking about being arrogant and up yourself cos that's what's gonna make you look like a ****boy but don't be afraid to throw a flirty comment into the conversation. Either they like it or they don't but at least then you know if they're actually interested back.
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Most of your conversations in everyday life aren't solely question and answer oriented. It involves commenting on what each other has to say, maybe relating to it to some extent, sharing similar stories, etc..

It's like talking to any of your guy mates. Do you end up interviewing them or do you have things you can relate to each other about? Talking to a guy is the same as talking to a girl.

Ask open ended questions rather than yes/no questions. If they're giving dead replies then they're probably not interested anyway.

what do you mean by open ended questions?
and yea i guess but i usually talk to people about experiences with one another and i have no experience with a girl im talking to. i dont have many friends and the ones i do have i just talk about school and stuff, and the girl im trying to talk to doesnt go to my school

Original post by Anonymous7890
Firstly find something you have in common with the girl, if it's someone from school/college then that's deffo a place to start. If you start with that common ground then it's a lot easier to get a proper conversation flowing, that can become flirty. As a girl myself I personally like it when a guy is confident, am not talking about being arrogant and up yourself cos that's what's gonna make you look like a ****boy but don't be afraid to throw a flirty comment into the conversation. Either they like it or they don't but at least then you know if they're actually interested back.

when you slay flirty comment how flirty is it? like saying i just got out the shower or that i can only type with 1 hand? like what level of flirtiness if u know what i mean thanks. do you like it when a guy puts himself down a bit so you can bring him up? ie i would say im a bit boring and u would be saying oh no ur not ur really nice etc?
Ask her if she'd like to engage in rough coitus.

Brevity.
Well the flirting can start off pretty basic. For example if you ask what she's doing and she's I dunno watching a particular tv programme you can just say, "oh I've heard that's good you'll have to let me watch it with you one day :wink:" ... you get me? And then you can gradually get to the shower stuff lol. And no don't put yourself down too much, unless your in a pretty deep conversation and you're genuinely being honest. If it's fake it means nothing to a girl .
Reply 8
Original post by LostAccount
Ask her if she'd like to engage in rough coitus.

Brevity.

waht is that
If you two go to the same school ,are in the same classes, live in the same area,etc.. try to talk about stuff concerning that. Dont sound to pushy or desperate though. Maybe start with did you start the homework / assignment yet? I know it’s abit boring but it’s a start. Now if you want more interesting ones, try to say stuff like;I would like to get to know you better, you down or nah?Say stuff about celebrities..ALWAYS refer to stuff you two have in common.Move slow but dont leave her hanging.Make her feel confident and safe around you.I hope this helps:wink: good luck.
Original post by Anonymous7890
Well the flirting can start off pretty basic. For example if you ask what she's doing and she's I dunno watching a particular tv programme you can just say, "oh I've heard that's good you'll have to let me watch it with you one day :wink:" ... you get me? And then you can gradually get to the shower stuff lol. And no don't put yourself down too much, unless your in a pretty deep conversation and you're genuinely being honest. If it's fake it means nothing to a girl .

ok great thank you!

Original post by Anon55436
If you two go to the same school ,are in the same classes, live in the same area,etc.. try to talk about stuff concerning that. Dont sound to pushy or desperate though. Maybe start with did you start the homework / assignment yet? I know it’s abit boring but it’s a start. Now if you want more interesting ones, try to say stuff like;I would like to get to know you better, you down or nah?Say stuff about celebrities..ALWAYS refer to stuff you two have in common.Move slow but dont leave her hanging.Make her feel confident and safe around you.I hope this helps:wink: good luck.

thanks, i can talk to girls at my school but im not really interested in them and most are taken, but if i was i definately think i could have a good convo with them as you said about homework etc, my problem is that because im so use to talking to people about school that i dont know what to say to someone who doesnt go to my school. homework, and how **** the teachers at my school are, are literally the only convo starters i have really.
Original post by Anonymous
waht is that

I believe this is colloquially known as "netflix and chill."
what do you mean by open ended questions?
and yea i guess but i usually talk to people about experiences with one another and i have no experience with a girl im talking to. i dont have many friends and the ones i do have i just talk about school and stuff, and the girl im trying to talk to doesnt go to my school

when you slay flirty comment how flirty is it? like saying i just got out the shower or that i can only type with 1 hand? like what level of flirtiness if u know what i mean thanks. do you like it when a guy puts himself down a bit so you can bring him up? ie i would say im a bit boring and u would be saying oh no ur not ur really nice etc?

That's not flirting, that's overt and just plain weird
Original post by TrelaiBoy
That's not flirting, that's overt and just plain weird

dont worry i havent actually used those lines xd
Oh yeah i totally understand. I think maybe you should try talk to them about stuff you know they’re into. For example you obvs like them for a reason, maybe it’s their passion for something or the way they look. Either way, you can use that as a way to talk to them. If u know they like to sing/dance/sport/etc...say “i know you like_____maybe we could do it together sometime haha” or you like____don’t you?, i’m into their music too.” Also try to let the convo flow, if it feels forced maybe they’re just not right for you. Are you UK or USA or other ? Just wondering so i can refer to stuff like schools and college etc
Original post by Anon55436
Oh yeah i totally understand. I think maybe you should try talk to them about stuff you know they’re into. For example you obvs like them for a reason, maybe it’s their passion for something or the way they look. Either way, you can use that as a way to talk to them. If u know they like to sing/dance/sport/etc...say “i know you like_____maybe we could do it together sometime haha” or you like____don’t you?, i’m into their music too.” Also try to let the convo flow, if it feels forced maybe they’re just not right for you. Are you UK or USA or other ? Just wondering so i can refer to stuff like schools and college etc

thanks! ill defo try and say stuff like that when talking to people, and im from uk
so im male 16 and im trying to flirt with girls so i can eventually go out with them but it never goes as planned.
the convos eggalways me asking wuu2, and there like nothing much u and i say im watching tv or some **** and then its just back to square one? i ask a question and i get an answer and i dont know what to do next? its like it turns into some kind of interview when im trying to flirt i also dont wanna come across as too ****boy either so i dont dive in too deep. does any girl have any advice on the best ways that guys speak to them through text? and what convo starters are there? i tried googling some but they are all just cringey stuff you would never say, thanks

hey, dude, don't worry. everyone feels awkward when they're 16. when i hit 17, ad went to college, i totally came out of my shell and figured out how to not be a tumblr weirdo in conversations.

personally, i like someone who can prove they're a little fun, so asking someone really weird questions, like would you rather (although not the flirty kind, act like a friend first, and go from there) or stuff like "would you eat a 2 inch man alive for £2mil" is a fun way to gently and humorously debate things while learning about each other.
Honestly trying to go from absolutely nothing to something doing online chats is absolutely horrible, unless you're using stuff like tinder where you can get away with being far more forward. I know it can be harder, but if you do it face to face instead both parties will generally try a lot harder to fill any silence and actually talk, and it usually gets better results. Afterwards you can message when you've actually established something and got **** to talk about.

If you're insistent on brute forcing it through messenger though, most other posters in here have given you decent advice already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending