The Student Room Group

Strathclyde Business School

Hello! I got an unconditional offer from SBS for Data analytics (postgraduate) and I would like to know opinions on the school. I'm from Portugal so I'm not really familiar with UK schools and how good they are. Additionally, does anyone know how's the Data analytics program in particular?
Thank you!!
Original post by beatrizpvaz
Hello! I got an unconditional offer from SBS for Data analytics (postgraduate) and I would like to know opinions on the school. I'm from Portugal so I'm not really familiar with UK schools and how good they are. Additionally, does anyone know how's the Data analytics program in particular?
Thank you!!

Postgrads don't tend to stick around. Does the course fit with your academic interests and career aspirations? Where do grads end up and what are the links with industry like?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Postgrads don't tend to stick around. Does the course fit with your academic interests and career aspirations? Where do grads end up and what are the links with industry like?

Why? Yes, I like the program and the possibility to pick optional classes from 3 different departments (Mathematics, Computing and Management), because I'm really interested in the Computing department classes. It seems like they have good links with the industry (at least that's what they say), having the possibility to write your thesis with a company and a lot of people say that career services are very helpful. Do you know how the teaching is like there? Will having a MSc from SBS (successfully completely, of course) give me good opportunities? Thank you for your help!
Original post by beatrizpvaz
Why? Yes, I like the program and the possibility to pick optional classes from 3 different departments (Mathematics, Computing and Management), because I'm really interested in the Computing department classes. It seems like they have good links with the industry (at least that's what they say), having the possibility to write your thesis with a company and a lot of people say that career services are very helpful. Do you know how the teaching is like there? Will having a MSc from SBS (successfully completely, of course) give me good opportunities? Thank you for your help!

Because they move on with their lives and possibly get too busy. That's not something I have studied though but if you are interested you can try :smile:

As my profile suggests I didn't study here but if you've researched where grads end up then you will know what opportunities are open to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending