The Student Room Group

Cambridge vs UCL

Hi, I've been made offers for geography at Cambridge and UCL but I’m unsure of which to firm. I do think I'm leaning toward UCL a little more because of guaranteed study abroad, and I can't think of firming Cambridge for any reason other than slightly better modules and the prestige that it comes with.

I decided to apply after all the open days so I’m not totally clued up on the city and university as a whole (although I did go for a summer school). Similar to another post I’ve seen, I guess I’m asking if Cambridge is worth the prestige, and if there’s anything else I should know about the place.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by eullah
Hi, I've been made offers for geography at Cambridge and UCL but I’m unsure of which to firm. I do think I'm leaning toward UCL a little more because of guaranteed study abroad, and I can't think of firming Cambridge for any reason other than slightly better modules and the prestige that it comes with.

I decided to apply after all the open days so I’m not totally clued up on the city and university as a whole (although I did go for a summer school). Similar to another post I’ve seen, I guess I’m asking if Cambridge is worth the prestige, and if there’s anything else I should know about the place.

Thanks!

go for UCL if you like it better!!
Original post by eullah

Thanks!

Visit the universities again if you need to. If you email beforehand and ask for a look around the department and/or colleges, they will probably happily oblige. If you still feel like you'd rather do UCL, then by all means go with UCL. Cambridge is a great university but so is UCL, so you're not exactly going to be hard done by either.
Reply 3
Original post by bateaux
go for UCL if you like it better!!

Original post by Plagioclase
Visit the universities again if you need to. If you email beforehand and ask for a look around the department and/or colleges, they will probably happily oblige. If you still feel like you'd rather do UCL, then by all means go with UCL. Cambridge is a great university but so is UCL, so you're not exactly going to be hard done by either.

thank you both! @Plagioclase it's probably a good idea to get a good look at camb so thanks for the suggestion!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending