How to beg a Sixth Form to let me in ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Doonesbury
So ask your old school.

I have emailed for a resit in Maths.
Reply 41
Original post by Teebowe
I understand what you say but if it’s your dream sixth form don’t give up. Just go for it. As cringe as it sounds you do only live life once so do make the most of it.

Trust me,i am here mixed with anger and laughter about how i've come to this situation i'm in.I have managed to mess up or set my life back by a year just because i couldnt pass one Maths Test.I'm sure their were millions who ended up getting a D in Maths last year and they were all given free re sits.Me on the other hand,NO,i'm in a situation where i'm having to beg every school in the local area to let me do a Maths Resit like a scrounger.The funny thing is if i fail again, i am definitely in big trouble with my life
Reply 42
Original post by Ray_Shadows
Thanks for the clarification :smile:

Ok firstly cut the attitude because you're the one in the precarious position here , i don't live in london so i didn't know that normal state schools had their own sixth form. I would get one of your parents to discuss your options with the head of sixth form at that place so arrange a meeting with your parents and the head of sixth form to discuss what to do

They have said categorically they will not allow me unless i get a 4 in Maths.I have tried emailing them,to let me do a resit,i said i will cover the cost,NO Reply.I emailed my old school,can i do a resit in maths,NO Reply.Lastly i dont even know if i can get the money for a Resit,see the situation i'm in ? Yep,Hell.As the days and weeks go by,i'm just sitting at home wasting my life because i have nothing to do.
Original post by Ty457
They have said categorically they will not allow me unless i get a 4 in Maths.I have tried emailing them,to let me do a resit,i said i will cover the cost,NO Reply.I emailed my old school,can i do a resit in maths,NO Reply.Lastly i dont even know if i can get the money for a Resit,see the situation i'm in ? Yep,Hell.As the days and weeks go by,i'm just sitting at home wasting my life because i have nothing to do.

ok then , when did you send the email to both schools

who did you exactly send the emails to (heads of sixth form or receptionists)

and yeh it would be even more expensive i suppose because you are an external student , but if you went elsewhere it would be for free , just pointing out
Reply 44
Original post by Ray_Shadows
ok then , when did you send the email to both schools

who did you exactly send the emails to (heads of sixth form or receptionists)

and yeh it would be even more expensive i suppose because you are an external student , but if you went elsewhere it would be for free , just pointing out

Go where though ? Anywhere i go i'm going to be a External Student.The Colleges are just too far away.It's this Sixth Form or i dont know what i'm going to do.
Original post by Ty457
Go where though ? Anywhere i go i'm going to be a External Student.The Colleges are just too far away.It's this Sixth Form or i dont know what i'm going to do.

so apart from this sixth form , how far is is it (by vehicle or foot) to get to the nearest college near you

also tell your sixth form that this is the only place near you that you can attend without paying money for public transport (might help ur case)
Original post by Ty457

have u tried bsix college?
Reply 47
Original post by Ty457
I have tried emailing them,to let me do a resit,i said i will cover the cost,NO Reply.I emailed my old school,can i do a resit in maths,NO Reply..

You've just emailed them - give them a chance.
Reply 48

I already get the feeling the responses will be go to a 'Private Centre to resit your maths exams',which i cannot afford.
Reply 49

Still no response,i'm sure most teachers check their emails in the morning.What the hell do i do ? I'm worrying.
Original post by Ty457
Still no response,i'm sure most teachers check their emails in the morning.What the hell do i do ? I'm worrying.

Reply 51
Original post by Sabzyyy987

Do they do GCSE Re sits as that is the Aim for me at the moment ?
Original post by Ty457
Do they do GCSE Re sits as that is the Aim for me at the moment ?

yh
Reply 53
Original post by Sabzyyy987
yh

I still dont know how i will be able to afford the cost though ?
Original post by Ty457
I still dont know how i will be able to afford the cost though ?

its free i think though enquire wid them to make sure
The only thing I can really suggest is writing an email to the subject leader of the course you want to take. Talk to them directly and explain how passionate you are about the subject and that you can't find anywhere else or that you don't want to go anywhere else. You literally have to make it sound like this is your absolute favourite subject and explain how you would be willing to re-take maths alongside the course. I can imagine this must all be very stressful. Explain the problems you were having and explain how this impacted on your results. Make it evident that you know you can pass it, (sometimes they offer a re-take a few months after you join the college.) Tell the subject leader you'll work the hardest out of everyone and give your 100% effort.
Reply 56
Original post by katie091000
The only thing I can really suggest is writing an email to the subject leader of the course you want to take. Talk to them directly and explain how passionate you are about the subject and that you can't find anywhere else or that you don't want to go anywhere else. You literally have to make it sound like this is your absolute favourite subject and explain how you would be willing to re-take maths alongside the course. I can imagine this must all be very stressful. Explain the problems you were having and explain how this impacted on your results. Make it evident that you know you can pass it, (sometimes they offer a re-take a few months after you join the college.) Tell the subject leader you'll work the hardest out of everyone and give your 100% effort.

I have thought about this,but then i strongly doubt they are going to make an exception for me.Their are 100 Places available to External Students at this Sixth Form which in truth is not that much.I am sure their are Hundreds of Applications who have/predicted 6/7/8/9 in their Gcse Grades so they will get piority.P.S-It's an effort to actually get them to reply to me via email aswell.Also what do you mean just the subject leader ? I want to be doing 3 A Level Subjects,so wouldnt it make sense to beg the Head of the Sixth Form more ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ty457
What do i do now ? I just hate life sometimes.Is their anything i can do to let me enroll

Honestly friend, take a breather. You have failed to meet their requirement and I know that is unpleasant. But believe me, it's really not the end of the world. YOU WILL GO THROUGH SO MANY L's and from this experience, learn to get back up! You do not need to beg your way in. Write an email, explain your situation. Inform them you are worried and nervous about attending the other colleges due to their rep etc and how you will work twice as hard from this moment on to make sure you will be better. Anyway, should they accept you. Awesome. If not, awesome! IT DOES NOT MATTER. You have a reason I am sure, however so do 1000s of students around you. It's the cards you've been dealt just learn to play them now. The other college may not be what you wanted but it's what you may get. Learn to adapt and believe me, colleges everywhere have bad apples. I got bullied a fair bit in school man but you grow from it (I know that's not the best advice nor should you sit and let it happen) BUT my point is, I learnt to stand up for myself and damn right I did. If I can, certainly you will too. An education is what you are after. I study abroad in a country which has a lot of racism and a lot of problematic situations are thrown my way. But man I would not change it BECAUSE each situation I face, I grow. You're pursuing a course. Stop thinking about the ins and outs and focus on what you need to get out of it. You will always find a friend and should you feel worried at any point just give me a message man, I've been through it and the only way is up IF you set up a positive mindset and stop focusing on what COULD go wrong. Hope this helps... I waffle a lot. I know.
Reply 58
Original post by MirzaVlogs
Honestly friend, take a breather. You have failed to meet their requirement and I know that is unpleasant. But believe me, it's really not the end of the world. YOU WILL GO THROUGH SO MANY L's and from this experience, learn to get back up! You do not need to beg your way in. Write an email, explain your situation. Inform them you are worried and nervous about attending the other colleges due to their rep etc and how you will work twice as hard from this moment on to make sure you will be better. Anyway, should they accept you. Awesome. If not, awesome! IT DOES NOT MATTER. You have a reason I am sure, however so do 1000s of students around you. It's the cards you've been dealt just learn to play them now. The other college may not be what you wanted but it's what you may get. Learn to adapt and believe me, colleges everywhere have bad apples. I got bullied a fair bit in school man but you grow from it (I know that's not the best advice nor should you sit and let it happen) BUT my point is, I learnt to stand up for myself and damn right I did. If I can, certainly you will too. An education is what you are after. I study abroad in a country which has a lot of racism and a lot of problematic situations are thrown my way. But man I would not change it BECAUSE each situation I face, I grow. You're pursuing a course. Stop thinking about the ins and outs and focus on what you need to get out of it. You will always find a friend and should you feel worried at any point just give me a message man, I've been through it and the only way is up IF you set up a positive mindset and stop focusing on what COULD go wrong. Hope this helps... I waffle a lot. I know.

Cheers Bro,but half these Sixth Forms are not replying on E-Mail it's like they are all on Lockdown.You dont understand though,i cant just stay at home,if i dont find a place to resit my Maths,no College/Sixth Form is letting me in ? Therefore i will just have to stay at home doing nothing ? I am already a Year behind my Age Group,i dont want to make it 2
Original post by Ty457
I have thought about this,but then i strongly doubt they are going to make an exception for me.Their are 100 Places available to External Students at this Sixth Form which in truth is not that much.I am sure their are Hundreds of Applications who have/predicted 6/7/8/9 in their Gcse Grades so they will get piority.P.S-It's an effort to actually get them to reply to me via email aswell.Also what do you mean just the subject leader ? I want to be doing 3 A Level Subjects,so wouldnt it make sense to beg the Head of the Sixth Form more ?

ive got a contact for sjc hes a science teacher and assistant head there maybe u can ask him? i dont know if that will help u but i thought i would help out Mr Aleem is the name

Quick Reply