The Student Room Group

Not entitled to student loan

Hi, I’m a post 25 potential student. I found out, because I have degree already, which I paid for, I’m not eligible for student loan for fees or living. What can I do now? Are there any other funding streams?
Original post by mizzledrizzle
Hi, I’m a post 25 potential student. I found out, because I have degree already, which I paid for, I’m not eligible for student loan for fees or living. What can I do now? Are there any other funding streams?

Hi mizzledrizzle,

Can I ask what subject do you hold already a degree and what is the course and qualification you wish to undertake?

Thanks Rona
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi mizzledrizzle,

Can I ask what subject do you hold already a degree and what is the course and qualification you wish to undertake?

Thanks Rona

Hi mizzledrizzle,

Thanks Rona

Hi Rona,
Education and Training - I’m a nurse educator, who is burnt out and needs to do Fine Art degree to save my soul. 😔😃
Thanks
Heather
Original post by mizzledrizzle
Hi Rona,
Education and Training - I’m a nurse educator, who is burnt out and needs to do Fine Art degree to save my soul. 😔😃
Thanks
Heather

Hi Heather,

As you already hold a Degree, Student Finance will not fund an Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ), unless it was classed as an exception course e.g. one being an NHS course.

Fine Art would not qualify as an exception course.

However if you are looking to undertake a Masters qualification, then you would be able to apply for a Post Graduate Loan.

Regards Rona
Hi Heather,

As you already hold a Degree, Student Finance will not fund an Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ), unless it was classed as an exception course e.g. one being an NHS course.

Fine Art would not qualify as an exception course.

However if you are looking to undertake a Masters qualification, then you would be able to apply for a Post Graduate Loan.

Regards Rona

Thank you Rona.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending