The Student Room Group

recognition of Qualification

hgg.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Nussurally
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am Mr. M. K. Riaz Nussurally, working as a Port Security Officer in Mauritius.

I have completed my 'PEARSON SRF BTEC LEVEL 5 PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT' awarded by Pearson Education Ltd.

My Certificate (QCF) has been awarded by Pearson Education Ltd which is an awarding body in the UK.

But Ofqual does not regulate the 'PEARSON SRF BTEC LEVEL 5 PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT'.

The Reference of my Certificate is : 25645A:VKM61 : JK35361: 000000445:30:12:78

I would like to know if a specif type of Diploma like I have followed not listed as a nationally regulated one by the Ofqual but awarded by a recognised Awarding Body in the UK such as Pearson.......Can I use the qualification to enroll in the University in the UK?... Is it recognised in the UK?

Does UCAS accept Qualifications (QCF) offered by Awarding Body Pearson but not regulated by Ofqual?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Riaz Nussurally

Hi

I have looked into this for you and it appears that your qualification is fine.

It is not regulated by ofqal because they only regulate level 2 and 3 qualifications. Yours is a level 5 HND, which is higher than the traditional A levels used to get into university.

It is considered to be equivalent to the first two years of university, so you would just need a top up degree of one year. Sometimes you have the option to start in year 2 rather than 3.

As a top up you may be restricted for obvious reasons on the degrees you can apply for as it needs to have some relation to the HND subject matter. maybe something t do with ports, trade, security, management? I dont know. You will have to find a uni that will take you and a course that is suitable.

Anyway Pearson edexcel is a 100% legitimate organisation so dont worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending