The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

London School of Economics (LSE) 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Original post by Polir
I don’t think that’s how they deal with it. They only make a maximum of one offer per applicant, but they consider the second course if you get rejected from the first one. The tricky part is they don’t let you decide which course would they consider first.
I think you got rejected for A&F, so they’d consider you for Finance now.
Note that your chances of getting in don’t increase if you apply for more than one course.

I have applied to two courses, both are currently in further assessment.

I also applied for two and almost applied for 3 hahahahaha
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by poseidons
I applied for Gov & Econ on 6th November, got put into gathered field 5th February & still not heard anything - how about you?

I applied in September and have been in the gathered field since the first week of December :frown:
Original post by wsgs
I also applied for two and almost applied for 3 hahahahaha

Good luck! In my case, I found both the courses very similar(Politics and IR, and Government).
Reply 2483
Original post by Polir
Good luck! In my case, I found both the courses very similar(Politics and IR, and Government).

Mine were finance, and mathematics and economics. Good luck as well!
Original post by chaz1999
Because you can only apply for one course at a time. If you apply for two, LSE will only consider you for one of them.

Thank god... I thought something was wrong with my application. At least now I have a chance in getting accepted..
Reply 2485
any offers or rejections today ?
I think Mondays are the new offer days...
Guys,

When I completed my UCAS form I selected "99 UNKNOWN" in the fee status category.

Now I'm 3-4 weeks into further assessment and LSE sent me a mail stating "LSE request for further information regarding your fee status".

Is this a good sign? Because most universities which required a fee status clarification weeks after the application gave me a decision right after I clarified it.
Or is it a LSE thing to ask for the fee status before they consider my application in the further assessment phase?
I got an offer for actuarial science today
Accountingn and finance offer at 4:10 approximately
I nearly cried, we thank God
Also got an Accounting and Finance offer today
Reply 2491
I know someone who got rejected for Anthropology yesterday :/
Original post by Ueto
any offers or rejections today ?
Hi Guys,

Do we recieve an email if we pass initial assesment or does LSE directly move our application to the next stage?

Thank you in advance for your answers...
Original post by 12345asasash
Hi Guys,

Do we recieve an email if we pass initial assesment or does LSE directly move our application to the next stage?

Thank you in advance for your answers...

You get an email
Guys anyone got a decision (offer/reject) for Bsc in Mathematics and/with Economics ?
I have a bit of a strange question but I've applied for International Relations (yet to receive an offer, been in the further assessment stage for 13 weeks I think now lmao ..) but I've had a change of heart and would like to do Geography instead. Should I completely reapply during my gap year or email them asking what the possibilities are of deferring my entry for Geography instead? I literally don't know if this is an unreasonable request or not because tbh IR and Geog aren't too far apart in terms of content so idk? Anyway thanks for any possible responses ! <3
Any acceptances for Law?
Got an offer for Social Policy with Government today :smile:
Original post by piehaus
I have a bit of a strange question but I've applied for International Relations (yet to receive an offer, been in the further assessment stage for 13 weeks I think now lmao ..) but I've had a change of heart and would like to do Geography instead. Should I completely reapply during my gap year or email them asking what the possibilities are of deferring my entry for Geography instead? I literally don't know if this is an unreasonable request or not because tbh IR and Geog aren't too far apart in terms of content so idk? Anyway thanks for any possible responses ! <3

hi, i'm kind of in the same situation haha, been waiting 11/12 weeks in further assessment. i kind of regret choosing politics and IR instead of IR and history/IR alone, so if i get an offer (hopefully, although i doubt it) i will have to try and change it during freshers week. hopefully they would be willing to do this.

IR and geography actually overlap quite a bit if I'm not mistaken, e.g. geog looks at TNCs which is related to IR. they should be okay with you changing.

PS: this wait is killing me 😭😡
Reply 2499
Got an offer for Financial mathematics and statistics today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending