The Student Room Group

My best friend is drifting a way from me

So there’s this girl at school and at the start of the year she came up to me and asked if we could be friends and I said yes as she was so quite,sweet and had no friends at the time. Ever since she has been telling me to shut up, saying that no one likes me, calling me jelous, hitting/punching/kicking me and trying to steal my boyfriend away from me along with my best friend. I don’t know what I have done wrong as I’m always being a loyal friend.i don’t want her in my life anymore but she’s too attached to my friends but not many of them like her. She talks about me behind my back and calls me names to my face. To me it doesn’t seem like bullying but she makes me cry at night and just agrevates me in so many ways. What should I do? I really need help
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by It’s a secret
telling me to shut up, saying that no one likes me, calling me jelous, hitting/punching/kicking me and trying to steal my boyfriend away from me along with my best friend. She talks about me behind my back and calls me names to my face.

So what do you think bullying is then if it isn't this?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DrawTheLine
So what do you think bullying is then if it isn't this?

I don’t know maybe it is bullying but I won’t accept it because I’m ‘friends’. With her. Our friend ship is kinda awkward and tbh I don’t understand it myself
I don’t know maybe it is bullying but I won’t accept it because I’m ‘friends’. With her. Our friend ship is kinda awkward and tbh I don’t understand it myself

Can you tell me your definition of bullying?
Talk to your friends about her or your boyfriend to see what they think. She sounds awful :frown:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Can you tell me your definition of bullying?

When someone does something to you repetitively
So there’s this girl at school and at the start of the year she came up to me and asked if we could be friends and I said yes as she was so quite,sweet and had no friends at the time. Ever since she has been telling me to shut up, saying that no one likes me, calling me jelous, hitting/punching/kicking me and trying to steal my boyfriend away from me along with my best friend. I don’t know what I have done wrong as I’m always being a loyal friend.i don’t want her in my life anymore but she’s too attached to my friends but not many of them like her. She talks about me behind my back and calls me names to my face. To me it doesn’t seem like bullying but she makes me cry at night and just agrevates me in so many ways. What should I do? I really need help

It sounds like bullying behaviour to me...if your other friends don't like her, why do you still hang out with her? Has anyone confronted her about her behaviour (you, your boyfriend or one of your friends, or a teacher)?
Reply 7
When someone does something to you repetitively

Doesn't have to be repetitive for it be bullying.

Also that 'something' can include:
- Verbal abuse (in her case it's calling you names behind your back0
- Physical abuse (hitting/punching/kicking)
- Emotional abuse

How the heck does is it not bullying? Cut her out of your life
Ok thank you I will be sure to sort this out
Original post by cheesecakelove
It sounds like bullying behaviour to me...if your other friends don't like her, why do you still hang out with her? Has anyone confronted her about her behaviour (you, your boyfriend or one of your friends, or a teacher)?

Original post by C_Yap
Doesn't have to be repetitive for it be bullying.

Also that 'something' can include:
- Verbal abuse (in her case it's calling you names behind your back0
- Physical abuse (hitting/punching/kicking)
- Emotional abuse

How the heck does is it not bullying? Cut her out of your life

Original post by cheesecakelove

No I feel that I should say something to her
Just ignore her, the best thing to do is stay professional and walk away.

Just tell your friends that she verbal abuses and that its not working out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending