The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Interview unfair

Hi, recently l had an interview at Nottingham. We had a science test & calculations test which we had to complete within 5mins.

It was useless considering l have specific learning difficulty hence why l get extra time in exams as well as a reader. I feel as if they had no taken into account such disabilities, what if there was someone wih dsylexia?

I had not even completed any of those questions due to the time being not enough.

Overall it was a great experience
Reply 1
Original post by the.chantele
Hi, recently l had an interview at Nottingham. We had a science test & calculations test which we had to complete within 5mins.

It was useless considering l have specific learning difficulty hence why l get extra time in exams as well as a reader. I feel as if they had no taken into account such disabilities, what if there was someone wih dsylexia?

I had not even completed any of those questions due to the time being not enough.

Overall it was a great experience

Did you mention your disability on your UCAS form?

If so, speak to your referee and ask them to contact Nottingham and explain. You shouldn't be disadvantaged for a disability they already know about.

If you didn't tell them then they can't be expected to know, but it's worth asking your referee to explain anyway.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Juno
Did you mention your disability on your UCAS form?

If so, speak to your referee and ask them to contact Nottingham and explain. You shouldn't be disadvantaged for a disability they already know about.

If you didn't tell them then they can't be expected to know, but it's worth asking your referee to explain anyway.

They should know from the UCAS application. I didn’t know l had to tell me?

What do l do because l feel as if l am at disavantage since l didn’t complete any of the written questions?
Reply 3
Original post by the.chantele
They should know from the UCAS application. I didn’t know l had to tell me?

What do l do because l feel as if l am at disavantage since l didn’t complete any of the written questions?

Read my post again.

As I said, if you put it on your UCAS form they will have known, so you need to speak to your referee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending