The Student Room Group

I’m pregnant what shall I do?

I found out I am pregnant, my boyfriend Ian 1000% sure he doesn’t want it he wants me to get rid! I’m 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant but my mind is 100% sure I want to get rid. My boyfriends family think that the best choice is to have a termination as we are both too young, even though I’m 19 and he’s 20 we both work but I feel if I had this baby he will be annoyed and his family too! What shall I do I’m very confused! He wants the appointment booked ASAP😪
Reply 1
You have to do what is best for you. Can you make an urgent appointment with your GP - they will be able to direct you towards impartial advice and help discuss your options without any emotional pressure. You have time to consider your options - don't be rushed into a decision you may regret. An abortion might be the right decision for you but you should not be pressured into it.

Do you have family/friends to support you - it sounds as if what is an easy solution for his family is not necessarily what you want.

Very best wishes
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I found out I am pregnant, my boyfriend Ian 1000% sure he doesn’t want it he wants me to get rid! I’m 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant but my mind is 100% sure I want to get rid. My boyfriends family think that the best choice is to have a termination as we are both too young, even though I’m 19 and he’s 20 we both work but I feel if I had this baby he will be annoyed and his family too! What shall I do I’m very confused! He wants the appointment booked ASAP😪

NGL whatever you do it's going to stay with you. You can't ask somebody what to do. This is one of those times it has to be your choice and yours alone. Are you ready to have a baby? People can advise you/give their opinions but at the end of the day it's on you. Don't let anybody else influence your decision. You can PM me if you want to talk :smile:
If he doesn't want it and you also don't want it then you might as well get it aborted. It might sound heartless but there's no point in having a child you didn't want in the first place- it's not going to be raised or loved properly. It's better off going straight to heaven I guess. It's win win, you and your bf won't be burdened and the baby will escape a tragic life ahead. Next time please be safer because your 19/20 you should've been more responsible.
Tbh its your baby, not his or his family. Do what you think is best for you. Of course you will be pressured by the others around you to make certain decisions but at the end of the day, its your child and you are the one carrying it. Just remember, its not the baby's fault and he/she is innocent from everything.
Hopefully it goes better for you and Good Luck xx
Do what you think is best for you. I have been in this situation before and whatever decision you make will change your life so it's your body and your choice to make not your boyfriend or your boyfriends family.Feel free to message me back Take care
get rid of IT.... it... poor baby. don't think if he'll be annoyed or his family. they don't matter. you and the baby do. make sure it's YOUR decision if you want to get abortion or not. don't think in now... and don't only think for yourself. think INTO the future and for both of you now. there are single mothers everywhere and they live, study, work and make new families. if he thinks IT'S annoying, he isn't worth ANYTHING.
You're 100% sure what you want to do so there's no question here.
and don't forget that this decision will stick with you forever. in the future you might want to have babies and make a family and you'll always remember about this and think "what if...". but if you know you can't have a baby now because of money or something then... well, i'm not neither pro-life or pro-choice, i'm in between i guess. i don't know what i would do myself but just, take your time. think hard about this.
At the end of the day you’re the one who is carrying the baby not him and his family. It’s God’s beautiful creation that you’ll be bringing into this world as a wonderful mother so make sure you don’t regret your decision tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending