The Student Room Group

is it just me?

if a guy tells you you're fit is it a compliment or a pointless flirt? this became a huge debate in my class so what do u think
(edited 6 years ago)
Defo a possible flirt or a compliment
Reply 2
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Defo a possible flirt or a compliment

every time? someone suggested sometimes it can be made in passing, it just seemed interesting with all the contexts but no one seemed certain
Original post by blobby2000
every time? someone suggested sometimes it can be made in passing, it just seemed interesting with all the contexts but no one seemed certain

I mean if its the same guy giving you compliments, then he could be interested in you
Both honestly coming from a boy. It an mean your fit as in having a nice body, so you can be proud. Or a flirt as trying to start a convo. So really you decide
Reply 5
I mean if its the same guy giving you compliments, then he could be interested in you

that's true, tbf, still waiting for that lol
Reply 6
What's with the "is it just me"
that's true, tbf, still waiting for that lol

Yep but tbh even if he does give constant compliments then it could also mean that he's playing you, so you might want to keep an eye out for that
Reply 8
Yep but tbh even if he does give constant compliments then it could also mean that he's playing you, so you might want to keep an eye out for that

the phrase 'you're fit' from what I know tends to be made upfront by people who aren't really into the girl but her appearance, it's a weird one!
the phrase 'you're fit' from what I know tends to be made upfront by people who aren't really into the girl but her appearance, it's a weird one!

Thing is when I get told the same thing, I dont overthink it, like to me its just a comment made from a horny guy
Reply 10
Thing is when I get told the same thing, I dont overthink it, like to me its just a comment made from a horny guy

yeh, it's never struck me as a nice sort of flattery, someone suggested it was a guys way of saying they liked you
Reply 11
I've said it meaning one or the other and both :h:
Reply 12
Original post by OfficialFlyn
Both honestly coming from a boy. It an mean your fit as in having a nice body, so you can be proud. Or a flirt as trying to start a convo. So really you decide

that makes sense tbh, has it ever worked for starting a convo? never seen it used for that so am curious
yeh, it's never struck me as a nice sort of flattery, someone suggested it was a guys way of saying they liked you

Nah it means that they were preeing your body and checking you out
Reply 14
Original post by .Iqra.
What's with the "is it just me"

is it just me finding it genuinely confusing, it just seems a pointless sort of comment
that makes sense tbh, has it ever worked for starting a convo? never seen it used for that so am curious

It’s worked for me lol. I mean I normally just say there cute and start a convo but
Hey. You can if you want. Just don’t be bashful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending