The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So when is Lukaku going to get the Pogba/Martial treatment? He's been worse than than them two but Mourinho doesn't want to touch his golden boy.

Give me a front 3 of Sanchez and Lingard with Martial up top.
(edited 6 years ago)
So United finally have an official youtube channel...
Original post by SCIENCE :D
So United finally have an official youtube channel...

Seems they do, about time as well.

[video="youtube;ChdktTzlWBQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChdktTzlWBQ[/video]
Original post by MrDystopia
Seems they do, about time as well.

[video="youtube;ChdktTzlWBQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChdktTzlWBQ[/video]

Yeah absolutely, I hope they do tunnelcam like I have seen a couple of the others do.
Original post by mojojojo101
That's sort of the point though, they weren't asked to do anything. Can't imagine what was said between SAF and Gill watching on, the attitude on display would never have been acceptable under those two.

Why is anyone criticising the players though? They did what they were asked to do as individuals, and came away with the result they were asked to get as a team. Having a go at Matic\Pogba\Lukaku\Mctominay or whoever else doesn't make any sense. If people are unhappy with the result\performance then Mourinho and the coaching team are the people to moan about.
My thoughts:

- Sick of seeing Ashley Young starting as our first choice left back. I don't care if he's a nice guy and is a good dressing room presence. Luke Shaw is clearly a better player at almost everything.
- McTominay is not going to make it at United so why are we wasting our time with him? To prove we promote youth? If that's the case then play TFM, AP and Gomes.
- Why is Jose at war with our best player? Doesn't make any sense. Just kiss and make up, because the team is suffering.
- Why buy Sanchez to play at LW when the vacancy was at RW, weird.
- Smalling, that is all.
- Why wasn't Eric Bailly given some game time?

Losers
Reply 287
This is that stubborn fraud we've been waiting to see.

You'll win 2-0 anyway next leg so you're good anyway. Pretty sure Sevilla are that kinda team that are shocking away from home and great at home.
Original post by zKlown
My thoughts:

- Sick of seeing Ashley Young starting as our first choice left back. I don't care if he's a nice guy and is a good dressing room presence. Luke Shaw is clearly a better player at almost everything.
- McTominay is not going to make it at United so why are we wasting our time with him? To prove we promote youth? If that's the case then play TFM, AP and Gomes.
- Why is Jose at war with our best player? Doesn't make any sense. Just kiss and make up, because the team is suffering.
- Smalling, that is all.

Losers

-Agree, he should only be as back-up for LC/FA Cup games. Worth keeping for the odd purple patch of form he has but typical for Mourinho to praise Shaw and exclude him. However, he's completely out of the picture, it seems.
-I'd give McTominay bit more time, he fits Mourinho's type of player (hardworking, listens to orders, "no tattoos or watches" apparently) but atm, he's a pawn in the Mour-Pog feud
-He wants more from Pogba, but ultimately it comes down to finding a system to get the best out of him. Ironic that his opposing manager and rival on Sunday got more out of him by accomodating him in a system that worked. Pogba has to do better but it's difficult to see how this gets resolved calmly.
-Attacking wise, Mourinho lets individualism conquer compared to his first spell at Chelsea and Inter (with Sneijder behind Milito) where there seemed to be more of a focused plan. Martial/Rashford's development is going to be further stunted (especially the latter) as the LW slot will be closed to them.
-Yup, if Arsenal want to offer £25m, then take it!
-Coming back from injury and not sure how quick he will take to get re-settled into the side, especially playing with Smalling. Rojo's exclusion odd, maybe like Ibra he's having similiar fitness issues. Tuanzebe's loan to Villa good for his development but a young player who deserved more minutes.

Also, United's new Youtube channel should have plenty of content to enjoy on a boring lunch break, that's for sure. I don't expect it to go far in terms of tunnel cam etc, besides the odd behind the scenes video.
Original post by zKlown
My thoughts:

- Smalling, that is all.

Losers

McTominay is clearly there to do a job, dont know about Ethan Hamilton but Angel is probably too offensive to play centre mid. TFM has no recall option. AP also is too attacking to play CM (and may or may not have recall)

I'm with Mourinho here. If needed De Bruyne would play RB - Pogba is our star man (after DDG) but in big games he has to accept that he does a bit of defensive work. Too often we see him jog back as a player walks past him and we're exposed. If he isn't playing well (as is the case now) he needs to adjust to the game plan. Should we build a team around him? Yes. If we can't should he just play the same way at the teams expense? No

Happy with Sanchez but he just hasn't started well. I'd prefer to see him further up the pitch during attacks rather than dropping deep, but he did well defensively to cover.

Yeah - god knows why Smalling is playing.

Likewise Bailly - swear to god I hope hes just not 100%
All these people saying Pogba has to do a defensive job haven't watched him at Juve. You think a guy like Conte would give any player a free role? Allegri too? He had his defensive duties at Juve (was amongst the highest tacklers) but his defensive responsibility wasnt as great because at the end of the day he's not a defensive player.

Mourinho's failed to see that after 18 months in charge and instead of trying to do whats best for the team in general (Pogba's not the only one who'd benefit from a 3 man midfield) he's decided to fight his best player.
Original post by Rk2k14
All these people saying Pogba has to do a defensive job haven't watched him at Juve. You think a guy like Conte would give any player a free role? Allegri too? He had his defensive duties at Juve (was amongst the highest tacklers) but his defensive responsibility wasnt as great because at the end of the day he's not a defensive player.

Mourinho's failed to see that after 18 months in charge and instead of trying to do whats best for the team in general (Pogba's not the only one who'd benefit from a 3 man midfield) he's decided to fight his best player.

Pipe down. You sound like a little girl throwing toys out the pram with all this moaning.

Mou isn't dumb so stop falling for this negative media agenda that they are "fighting", they aren't. Pogba even came out today saying he's happy here and feeling good.
Original post by Rk2k14

While we would all rather see him play in a midfield 3, as much as he might not like it, he needs to suck it up and acknowledge that sometimes he'll play as a midfield 2, and in that scenario he has to adjust his game style.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43134055

Pls Jose bring him to OT >>>>>>>>>>>
What we really need is a Modric style player who'll put some pace in our passing game, but that article says he's the new Pogba so **** it I'm on board.
Original post by Louis.
What we really need is a Modric style player who'll put some pace in our passing game, but that article says he's the new Pogba so **** it I'm on board.

Savic + Rabiot/Fabinho + 1 right fullback is what I would buy this summer.

Solves the problem for when we don't have Pogba and also makes us even more potent with Savic, Pogba, Fabinho/Rabiot midfield 3. Matic/Pereira/McTominay back up.

Ship out Herrera, Blind, Young and Smalling. Tuanzebe is Smalling's replacement.

Edit: We have to spend right in the summer. It will make or break whether Jose will stay or get sacked in the new season. We should get our top targets and act fast this time.
(edited 6 years ago)
#JoseOut
Reply 297
This thread always goes into some sort of crisis whenever Utd perform badly.

It’s hilarious.
Original post by S.G.

It’s hilarious.

If your boys lose on Sunday and I see you anywhere near this thread again.

It’s on sight reported.
Original post by S.G.

It’s hilarious.

IKR

There's a serious lack of optimism and patience with Mourinho this season. Pogba gets dropped for 2 games (for the first time) and people are acting like it's the end of the world and that he's going to leave. Now people are actually believing all this negative media crap about Mourinho fighting with Pogba behind closed doors.

The problem is the media want to portray Mourinho's past and say he's doing the same thing at United so he can get sacked. Martial is playing games but again people be acting like he about to leave the club as well.

I won't lie I fell into this trap in the very beginning but now I just realise we have to step back as fans and give our manager time. We are not doing bad and I know for a fact if we lose that game against Chelsea @ OT the Mourinho out crew gonna come out in full force even though statistically we are better in almost every single department this season.

It's the same hate Lukaku gets he's literally approaching 30 goals for this season (just 8 short of it currently) same as what RVP did but people are just waiting for him to flop a chance so they can come and say "Lukaku is ****, he's a donkey.....sign Icardi and bin him" etc. etc.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest