The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Warwick vs Notts Economics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salonityagi
You're going to decline UCL for Notts, how come?! UCL was my first choice and I had my heart set on UCL until I got rejected which was the worst day of my life lol. What are your stats, predicted grades etc, if you don't mind me asking? And what exactly do you mean by stand out Experience?? Like internships, SW and work experience??

I mean like something unique, whatever your interests are. And I already know the importance of things outside of the uni to help you stand out for careers in IB/Consultancy so uni name doesn't affect me, to an extent. Doesn't have to be relevant to the industry at all before sw for experience.
Make informed decisions before you decide to firm uni so speak to as many people as you can from both uni's regarding career opportunities.
I don't have predicted, just achieved - a* in math, a in chem and dt and a* in epq. Nothing special but results must've been contextualised.
(edited 6 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi which uni did you go to in the end, Nottingham or Warwick and based on your experience, what advice would you give to someone in the same situation?
Original post by LAS2004
Hi which uni did you go to in the end, Nottingham or Warwick and based on your experience, what advice would you give to someone in the same situation?

Hi its unlikely they'll answer as the thread is quite old.

A few years ago I had to make the same decision (for engineering).

In my subject I thought the research was more interesting at Notts (I came with an eye on research...), and I thought Notts had a nicer campus, I preferred the city and thought id enjoy the student life more (I wanted more clubbing opportunities...). Warwick is a great uni but has a different atmosphere. Id recommend you try and think about what you want out of your uni experience and which one suits that more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending