The Student Room Group

Is murder always wrong?

For example if you got raped and you went to the police, however no charges were brought due to a lack of evidence- would it be wrong for you to go and kill the person that raped you? Would you describe a person who gets their own revenge as evil?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by debates.
For example if you got raped and you went to the police, however no charges were brought due to a lack of evidence- would it be wrong for you to go and kill the person that raped you? Would you describe a person who gets their own revenge as evil?

Yes, murder is always wrong.
Reply 2
The rapist destroyed your life though and get away with it.
Reply 3
Original post by Baza2002
Yes, murder is always wrong.

No its not
No its not

Why not?
Reply 5
Original post by Baza2002
Why not?

Some people don't deserve to live that's why. Remove the man remove the problem.
Some people don't deserve to live that's why. Remove the man remove the problem.

Ok how about this scenario - which is surprisingly common.

Man gets drunk with girl he has only just met. She gives him the come on, he does the deed. Next day she cries rape. Should he be murdered
Would people say that murdering Hitler is wrong? Yes I invoked Godwin's law.
Reply 9
Original post by Andrew97
Yes.

ugh **** off.
ugh **** off.

.... why tell me to **** off instead of engaging in debate?
Reply 11
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Ok how about this scenario - which is surprisingly common.

Man gets drunk with girl he has only just met. She gives him the come on, he does the deed. Next day she cries rape. Should he be murdered

I'm talking about the situation where YOU were raped. A situation where you know for certain someone is a rapist.
Controversially... no
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
.... why tell me to **** off instead of engaging in debate?

Because I've heard these type of arguments before and its a load of bs.
Because I've heard these type of arguments before and its a load of bs.

Sigh. How could you possibly know my argument is bs if you haven’t heard it?

And why create a debate thread if you are just going to say all arguments against yours are bs?

Remove the man remove the problem create a worse problem
Reply 16
Sigh. How could you possibly know my argument is bs if you haven’t heard it?

And why create a debate thread if you are just going to say all arguments against yours are bs?

When it comes to debate the arguments people use when it comes to supporting one side have a similar theme to them.

And I created so I can shout abuse at people like you
When it comes to debate the arguments people use when it comes to supporting one side have a similar theme to them.

And I created so I can shout abuse at people like you

What a waste of time you are then.
**** off you little virgin. Actual state of you

Coming from the person insulting people across the Internet.

Reported. I’m not having vile insults and rude language thrown at me.
I'm talking about the situation where YOU were raped. A situation where you know for certain someone is a rapist.

I’d rather that person live a horribly long life in prison where he has to live with what he did for the rest of his life. Killing someone isn’t punishment, they don’t suffer because of it. Take away that persons freedom to do what they did to you to anyone else is justice.

Also @squeakysquirrel has a good point. If we kill all convicted rapists, what about the false convictions? When new evidence comes to light two years later that the guy had a solid alibi and he literally couldn’t have done it, you’ve killed an innocent person.

Quick Reply

Latest