The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Declining me one once...maybe twice now

So, I applied to SOAS in 2017 to study Korean and was declined because of my bad grades.
I applied to another uni to do another course which I hate now. Because of the stress of not wanting to do it I ended up in hospital with mental health problems.

I've emailed SOAS everything about how I feel and what happened and they said I have to apply though UCAS if I want to apply again...which is fair but the UCAS deadline has passed. What am I supposed to do? I know for a fact they will decline my application again.
Original post by Dranih
So, I applied to SOAS in 2017 to study Korean and was declined because of my bad grades.
I applied to another uni to do another course which I hate now. Because of the stress of not wanting to do it I ended up in hospital with mental health problems.

I've emailed SOAS everything about how I feel and what happened and they said I have to apply though UCAS if I want to apply again...which is fair but the UCAS deadline has passed. What am I supposed to do? I know for a fact they will decline my application again.

If they ve suggested you apply again then there's a chance of you could get a place otherwise they d have said no straight off.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
If they ve suggested you apply again then there's a chance of you could get a place otherwise they d have said no straight off.

They haven't exactly said apply via UCAS, here is what they actually said:

Please note that it is not always possible to give you any firm indication as to whether your qualifications and grades make you eligible to study at SOAS. We normally suggest that you submit an application, via UCAS (www.ucas.com), for consideration, sending all the appropriate supporting documents. Admissions tutors take into account academic qualifications, relevant work experience (if you have any), academic recommendations, relevant professional references (if you have any), and your personal statement.

Please note further that if you wish to seek advice before submitting a UCAS application you can email the undergraduate admissions office ([email protected]) to find out if your current academic/work experience makes you eligible to apply.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Original post by Dranih
They haven't exactly said apply via UCAS, here is what they actually said:

Please note that it is not always possible to give you any firm indication as to whether your qualifications and grades make you eligible to study at SOAS. We normally suggest that you submit an application, via UCAS (www.ucas.com), for consideration, sending all the appropriate supporting documents. Admissions tutors take into account academic qualifications, relevant work experience (if you have any), academic recommendations, relevant professional references (if you have any), and your personal statement.

Please note further that if you wish to seek advice before submitting a UCAS application you can email the undergraduate admissions office ([email protected]) to find out if your current academic/work experience makes you eligible to apply.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,

Email admissions and ask directly if they would accept you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending