The Student Room Group

I don't know how to talk to guys?

Hi I'm 16 and all my life I have gone to an all girls school. I have had very minimal talk with guys apart from family. My dad for some reason is really over protective. Whenever I talk to a guy (like on a MUN conference) its always a question or some sort of small talk. I notice I get really shy while I am talking and want to get away.I can't talk to them like I do to girls; I talk confidently.I'm worried cos I'm probably going to go to uni not knowing how to normally talk to guys without looking weird? Any advice please...
Hey
don't be shyyyy !!!!!! be friendly
just talk to them like they are your female friends. once you have a few guy friends it shouid be easier to talk to guys in a romantic sense :smile:
Original post by starzer
Hi I'm 16 and all my life I have gone to an all girls school. I have had very minimal talk with guys apart from family. My dad for some reason is really over protective. Whenever I talk to a guy (like on a MUN conference) its always a question or some sort of small talk. I notice I get really shy while I am talking and want to get away.I can't talk to them like I do to girls; I talk confidently.I'm worried cos I'm probably going to go to uni not knowing how to normally talk to guys without looking weird? Any advice please...

you talk about guys like they're some alien species lmao.
They're human like all of us, and I'm sure you'll find a guy at Uni similar to your own personality type who you'll get on well with

for the record im a girl, and i find the opposite, lmao, i find it easier to talk to guys
Original post by starzer

If you're not used to talking to the opposite gender it can be a bit awkward at first but with practice you'll find it easier and that conversations flow better. Just talk to them normally, ask about their day, their interests, try and make us laugh or talk about something interesting, once you have some experience you'll find it easier to chat to men.
Reply 6
You talk to guys the same way as you talk to girls, there's no magic formula.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
You talk to guys the same way as you talk to girls, there's no magic formula.

Hey, where did you buy that eyeliner xx(like this?)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Haha thanks I agree with all your opinions and will take on the advice. I guess I was overthinking it a bit.
Hit him with those good old hard Brexit values, can of carling and a bacon sarnie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending