The Student Room Group

Does he like me back?

So there's this guy I have a crush on and I just can't help but wonder if he likes me back?

Everytime, I find myself staring at him, he stares back blankly; we will legit stare at each other for what feels like an eternity (those weird frozen moments). Apart long gazes, we both exchange eye contact frequently; I feel so bloody childish but I honestly can't bring myself to approach him and have a conversation since I can't control my emotions at all near him. He's so bizarrely cute.

The dude is friends with a close friend of mine who knows I like him but she's giving me this vibe that he doesn't like me back. My other mates think he actually likes my close friend (even tho she's in a relationship) so I'm trying really hard to forget him (avoiding looking at him, being near him or giving off any signs I like him).

Despite all this, I can't help but wonder if he likes me back? Do guys ignore girls they like? He literally speaks to every girl but doesn't want to approach me. Does he hate me or something?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So there's this guy I have a crush on and I just can't help but wonder if he likes me back?

Everytime, I find myself staring at him, he stares back blankly; we will legit stare at each other for what feels like an eternity (those weird frozen moments). Apart long gazes, we both exchange eye contact frequently; I feel so bloody childish but I honestly can't bring myself to approach him and have a conversation since I can't control my emotions at all near him. He's so bizarrely cute.

The dude is friends with a close friend of mine who knows I like him but she's giving me this vibe that he doesn't like me back. My other mates think he actually likes my close friend (even tho she's in a relationship) so I'm trying really hard to forget him (avoiding looking at him, being near him or giving off any signs I like him).

Despite all this, I can't help but wonder if he likes me back? Do guys ignore girls they like? He literally speaks to every girl but doesn't want to approach me. Does he hate me or something?

He might just be shy to approach you as well lol. You won't know until you approach him!
Reply 2
Original post by Xopher_
He might just be shy to approach you as well lol. You won't know until you approach him!

Lol that's the one thing I'm struggling with. When he's near, I can't even speak.
Reply 3
Lol that's the one thing I'm struggling with. When he's near, I can't even speak.

I get it's hard to talk to him, but you might regret it in the future if you delay it :/
Reply 4
Original post by Xopher_
I get it's hard to talk to him, but you might regret it in the future if you delay it :/

Okie, I guess ill act try having a conversation first, I need to woman up lol

Thanks
Reply 5
Okie, I guess ill act try having a conversation first, I need to woman up lol

Thanks

Sad to think how many compatible people there are that aren't together, just because they were both equally shy to speak to each other :frown:
If i were you, although you can’t talk to him with nerves, some people get intimidated if a person makes it immediately obvious they have a crush on them, i would just bring something up, nonchalant, see if any conversation flows, imagine talking to a best mate, and if it does, ease yourselves into talking more frequently! And then if feelings are there, they’ll unfold, and if not it wasnt meant to be x
just focus on your education lol you will thank me in the future.

How many proper conversations have you and him actually had? Do you text or anything?
Doesn't sound like it from what you've described. Sounds more like he dislikes you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by shonagh17
If i were you, although you can’t talk to him with nerves, some people get intimidated if a person makes it immediately obvious they have a crush on them, i would just bring something up, nonchalant, see if any conversation flows, imagine talking to a best mate, and if it does, ease yourselves into talking more frequently! And then if feelings are there, they’ll unfold, and if not it wasnt meant to be x

Yeah, I think I've made it too obvious that I like him without even talking to him; maybe that's what put him off completely and he's not approaching. I'll try what you said and keep a straight face whilst talking to him xp
Original post by shohaib712
just focus on your education lol you will thank me in the future.

You're right lol I should probably hit the books. I'll thank you now anyway (:
How many proper conversations have you and him actually had? Do you text or anything?

Literally none lol despite him knowing a lot of my friends
I've texted him before but he ghosted lol so that's what kinda triggered me to quit having feelings for him
Original post by sinfonietta
Doesn't sound like it from what you've described. Sounds more like he dislikes you.

Ahh thanks, I'm starting to think he does too; I guess I'm finally getting a reality check :/

Thank u btw x
He's not worth it, sweetie! Ignoring your text is a sign he does not have feelings for you, he probably isn't approaching and prefers to stare to show he acknowledges you but doesn't like you in that way. Just ignore him back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending