The Student Room Group

Working Out UCAS points

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Compost
I really don't think you read the OP with any level of attention which has made your posts both inappropriate and rude.

What makes you think it's a qualification to teach? It's a course in school business management.

It's a course widely taken by staff in admin roles at schools. She may have had good reasons for taking this course in her previous work. She was merely offering it as a course she had done fairly recently as evidence she can cope at the required level. I don't see what the problem is.

You are also assuming she wants to read a Business related degree though she hasn't actually said so.

Sounds like the qualification needed to be the executive assistant of my uni's vice chancellor, admit it is odd lol. Even the site looks gimmicky.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Sounds like the qualification needed to be the executive assistant of my uni's vice chancellor, admit it is odd lol. Even the site looks gimmicky.

Oh you're such a wit. Jack Whitehall must be worried sick about next year's Baftas gig.

I've taken the trouble to look at your old posts. Other people might want to do the same. When you joined TSR you were a pleasant, helpful person, quite prepared to admit that you were 'simply not up to' taking A-levels when you were younger (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4712610&p=73341374&page=2&highlight=#post73341374). You would also encourage other people in the same boat as you. And you were prepared to admit your good fortune in inheriting property which enabled you to pay for a very expensive foundation year to get you into university.

However, almost as soon as the A-level results came out and you were accepted into your good-but-not-outstanding university, your persona seems to have changed. All of a sudden you are doing things like telling people not to bother with LSE unless they wanted to teach themselves, advising them instead to look at 'my insurance', Royal Holloway. (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73343200) Note that pointing out that RHUL was your insurance means that you are implying you are 'better' than that because you got into the dizzying heights of Nottingham.

Or you would post advice like telling prospective Cambridge MPhil applicants not to bother unless their first degree was from the likes of Durham, or Warwick or... (wait for it...) Nottingham. (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73689446)

Oh, and I really, really love your post on this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73941782. Here you advise someone who is worried that their GCSEs might hold them back from getting into, er, Nottingham. This is a good example for people to read because you tell the poor poster that it wouldn't be a good idea to apply there because Nottingham (oh my, you love the place don't you?) is so demanding academically! How did you know this? You had barely started studying there, so unless you were struggling in your very first week I don't think you were in a great position to describe the university on such terms.

In addition, you then go on to tell the OP that if they struggled with GCSEs then Nottingham isn't for them because, well, they're clearly not good enough. Hang on a second though... didn't you admit a few weeks before that YOU were 'simply not up to' applying to university when you were younger, i.e. your GCSEs were probably just the teeny tiniest bit inadequate. So how come you could improve, but the OP couldn't?

And here's my favourite line... You conclude your post with 'Make sure you have the talent notts requires'. It is embarrassingly obvious to everyone that what you really mean is 'Make sure you have the talent which I have'. I think we can all see that your posts are not meant to advise or help people like @wizimum. They are there simply to boost your fragile ego.

Good luck with your first year exams. Hopefully you only need to get 40% to pass.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ageshallnot
Oh you're such a wit. Jack Whitehall must be worried sick about next year's Baftas gig.

I've taken the trouble to look at your old posts. Other people might want to do the same. When you joined TSR you were a pleasant, helpful person, quite prepared to admit that you were 'simply not up to' taking A-levels when you were younger (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4712610&p=73341374&page=2&highlight=#post73341374). You would also encourage other people in the same boat as you. And you were prepared to admit your good fortune in inheriting property which enabled you to pay for a very expensive foundation year to get you into university.

However, almost as soon as the A-level results came out and you were accepted into your good-but-not-outstanding university, your persona seems to have changed. All of a sudden you are doing things like telling people not to bother with LSE unless they wanted to teach themselves, advising them instead to look at 'my insurance', Royal Holloway. (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73343200) Note that pointing out that RHUL was your insurance means that you are implying you are 'better' than that because you got into the dizzying heights of Nottingham.

Or you would post advice like telling prospective Cambridge MPhil applicants not to bother unless their first degree was from the likes of Durham, or Warwick or... (wait for it...) Nottingham. (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73689446)

Oh, and I really, really love your post on this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73941782. Here you advise someone who is worried that their GCSEs might hold them back from getting into, er, Nottingham. This is a good example for people to read because you tell the poor poster that it wouldn't be a good idea to apply there because Nottingham (oh my, you love the place don't you?) is so demanding academically! How did you know this? You had barely started studying there, so unless you were struggling in your very first week I don't think you were in a great position to describe the university on such terms.

In addition, you then go on to tell the OP that if they struggled with GCSEs then Nottingham isn't for them because, well, they're clearly not good enough. Hang on a second though... didn't you admit a few weeks before that YOU were 'simply not up to' applying to university when you were younger, i.e. your GCSEs were probably just the teeny tiniest bit inadequate. So how come you could improve, but the OP couldn't?

And here's my favourite line... You conclude your post with 'Make sure you have the talent notts requires'. It is embarrassingly obvious to everyone that what you really mean is 'Make sure you have the talent which I have'. I think we can all see that your posts are not meant to advise or help people like @wizimum. They are there simply to boost your fragile ego.

Good luck with your first year exams. Hopefully you only need to get 40% to pass.

This was beautiful

On topic, @wizimum said she/he wanted to go into a different field - pretty important factor in figuring out whether they'd be able to attend uni or not. @wizimum what are you thinking of doing and where? Having a family I assume you want to stay fairly local? Do you want to do part time or full time?
(edited 6 years ago)

Well sorry i have a bit of school spirit, and i will defend my beloved Nottingham till i die, its a great uni...Sure im aware its a middle of the range Russell group, but there are 110 worse unis in the UK alone. So can it and stop stalking me weirdo.
Well sorry i have a bit of school spirit, and i will defend my beloved Nottingham till i die, its a great uni...Sure im aware its a middle of the range Russell group, but there are 110 worse unis in the UK alone. So can it and stop stalking me weirdo.

It's so, so interesting when people post in public forums and then get irate when others use their own posts to expose them.

It's also interesting that this is all you have to say. Time to retire, I would suggest.

:rofl:

PRSOM
It's so, so interesting when people post in public forums and then get irate when others use their own posts to expose them.

It's also interesting that this is all you have to say. Time to retire, I would suggest.

my bone isnt to pick with you, i despise bloomsbury or danesbury or wtf his snobby avatar is, lol when he comments i see full red. Keyboard warrior engaged. He has a very insitigating tone lol.
my bone isnt to pick with you, i despise bloomsbury or danesbury or wtf his snobby avatar is, lol when he comments i see full red. Keyboard warrior engaged. He has a very insitigating tone lol.

I'm sorry, is that English?

My bone IS to pick with you because of the rude, arrogant way you approached this thread before @Doonesbury got involved. Upon further investigation - which wasn't stalking, perhaps you should check the dictionary definition - I found that this appeared to be your standard mode of operation. Therefore I exposed you.
That's great that you are proud of your uni, no-one is suggesting you should be otherwise. Of course, the term 'worse' means all sorts of things to all sorts of people, but most employers don't care which uni you went to anyway.

What @ageshallnot is pointing out, however, is that your more recent posts are less than helpful, and are actually making you look rather silly. If you've developed a superiority complex in order to mask an inferiority complex, that's your problem. What you don't have to do is to undermine other people's aspirations, especially on the basis of absolutely no information whatsoever. I would also point out that those of us whose 21st birthday was quite a long time ago have - broadly speaking - much more of an idea than you do about how the world works, and have achieved a great many things that you are yet to match. I'm not saying you can't or won't, but until you have you'd do better to pipe down and acquire some humility.
I'm sorry, is that English?

My bone IS to pick with you because of the rude, arrogant way you approached this thread before @Doonesbury got involved. Upon further investigation - which wasn't stalking, perhaps you should check the dictionary definition - I found that this appeared to be your standard mode of operation. Therefore I exposed you.

exposed me? who made you the moral police?

like you have never said something not so great to anyone, now you sound elitist and mean spirited, stop acting like your a saint.

but please keep baiting me.
Original post by Minerva
That's great that you are proud of your uni, no-one is suggesting you should be otherwise. Of course, the term 'worse' means all sorts of things to all sorts of people, but most employers don't care which uni you went to anyway.

What @ageshallnot is pointing out, however, is that your more recent posts are less than helpful, and are actually making you look rather silly. If you've developed a superiority complex in order to mask an inferiority complex, that's your problem. What you don't have to do is to undermine other people's aspirations, especially on the basis of absolutely no information whatsoever. I would also point out that those of us whose 21st birthday was quite a long time ago have - broadly speaking - much more of an idea than you do about how the world works, and have achieved a great many things that you are yet to match. I'm not saying you can't or won't, but until you have you'd do better to pipe down and acquire some humility.

i mean i have lived in over 20 countries and am a landlord... i wish her all the best but im also here to give people my honest opinion/advise.
exposed me? who made you the moral police?

like you have never said something not so great to anyone, now you sound elitist and mean spirited, stop acting like your a saint.

but please keep baiting me.

I refer my friend to the responses given above.
Reply 32
Realitysreflexx - I can assure you that I have not wasted my time or been mislead. Who are you to pass comment about me personally. Ok granted I maybe uninformed but thought that was the purpose of these forums to get help and advice from others.
It would be of more use if you could tell us which universities you had in mind to apply to, as well as the course.
Original post by wizimum
Realitysreflexx - I can assure you that I have not wasted my time or been mislead. Who are you to pass comment about me personally. Ok granted I maybe uninformed but thought that was the purpose of these forums to get help and advice from others.

Exactly! I think people are now aware of what he's like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest