The Student Room Group

What paper did you sit for the new A-level Maths mocks (AS)

I went through most of the old papers and the new sample assessment just wanted to know if they used a locked paper or the old 2017 C1 or C2 papers?
Any replies is appreciated.
Original post by CashBlack
I went through most of the old papers and the new sample assessment just wanted to know if they used a locked paper or the old 2017 C1 or C2 papers?

Entirely up to individual schools when they do mock exams and what paper they use. Both Edexcel and AQA have produced secure papers for the new specifications that schools can use for mocks if they wish.
Reply 2

Our school created their own paper or they got another paper from a third party. They won’t use the C1 or C2 papers because that’s considered the old specification now so your school will use new ones which will be similar to the ones you’ll sit.
Reply 3
Original post by Black Water
Our school created their own paper or they got another paper from a third party. They won’t use the C1 or C2 papers because that’s considered the old specification now so your school will use new ones which will be similar to the ones you’ll sit.

How were the questions like, from the textbook or past paper questions?
Reply 4
How were the questions like, from the textbook or past paper questions?

Textbook questions are easier. The past paper questions were harder so definitely do past paper questions.

Quick Reply

Latest