The Student Room Group

Subject Combination for Law

I hope to study law at a top university, such as Cambridge or LSE, however I did not take History GCSE and it seems to me that most people who take law do History at A-Level. At the moment, it is not possible for me to get History for A-Level, and therefore I have chosen Maths, English Lit, German and Physics. Is this a good enough combination for top universities?
Original post by Swaybothsides
I hope to study law at a top university, such as Cambridge or LSE, however I did not take History GCSE and it seems to me that most people who take law do History at A-Level. At the moment, it is not possible for me to get History for A-Level, and therefore I have chosen Maths, English Lit, German and Physics. Is this a good enough combination for top universities?

Undoubtedly yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

4 fascilitating a levels?!
Original post by Beth286
4 fascilitating a levels?!

Is that a bad thing, lol?
I didn't take GCSE history but I still take history at A-level...
Reply 5
Excellent combination
Ok, cheers guys for the help. Really uplifted me,
Ok, cheers guys for the help. Really uplifted me,

Just make sure you don't stretch yourself too thinly with 4 A-levels. A*A*A > A*AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine as said because there arent any specific combinations.

History you can do at A level without GCSE. I think it teaches you the most valuable skills.

Your other choices are solid respected choices.

Those subjects at the right grades will get you into any uni.

Quick Reply

Latest