The Student Room Group

What should I do about this uni class?

My college is in the city takes me a bus and a train to get there, there and back. This class on a Monday starts at 2 and finishes at 5, and its late when I get back in around 6:30 pm and then I have to do it again the next day starting at 11. This is why I don't like the Monday class because the day is over then that just leaves a bit of the evening and then I have to go to bed to face the next day. Do you think I should just skip this class sometimes? Or tell the teacher I wanna go home earlier because of the travelling? Any suggestions?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

grin and bear it
Stick it out you’ve come this far. I would have said something different if you started at say 9am on the Tuesday but you start at 11 so it’s not like you don’t get downtime. Skipping the class won’t look good and nor will it help with your grades
Original post by MissLibra
My college is in the city takes me a bus and a train to get there, there and back. This class on a Monday starts at 2 and finishes at 5, and its late when I get back in around 6:30 pm and then I have to do it again the next day starting at 11. This is why I don't like the Monday class because the day is over then that just leaves a bit of the evening and then I have to go to bed to face the next day. Do you think I should just skip this class sometimes? Or tell the teacher I wanna go home earlier because of the travelling? Any suggestions?

Oh for heaven's sake what a snowflake you are.

I leave work at 6pm. It take me two hours to get home via tube and train. Then I am up next morning at 4.30am to get the train and tube back to work for 8am start. I do this four days a week

Welcome to the real world! I have a grandson at college. He has a heart condition and gets tired easily. He goes out at 7 am to get his bus to get into college on time and doesn't get home till 6pm. He has had 2 absences in 2years.
I think you should change your attitude. It's not forever.

Seriously you are being precious. You cant cope with 3hours of study?

You would be prepared to skip some an damage your education?

Just get on with it if you want good grades. Just take some music, read a book or watch something on your phone. Presumably you knew about the distance and travel before you started? If you organised your work properly and get some done at the weekend, then when you get home on Monday night you can eat and then go straight to bed to recover.
Reply 6
Original post by ajj2000
Please tell me this is a joke...

No its not, keep your opinion to yourself if your not going to give a proper answer.
Reply 7
No its not, keep your opinion to yourself if your not going to a proper answer.

This is really depressing. I need a stiff drink.
Reply 8
Original post by Seamus123
Welcome to the real world! I have a grandson at college. He has a heart condition and gets tired easily. He goes out at 7 am to get his bus to get into college on time and doesn't get home till 6pm. He has had 2 absences in 2years.
I think you should change your attitude. It's not forever.

'Its not forever' its a 3 year degree course, I think you would be sick of it at times.
Reply 9
[QUOTE="999tigger;76273558"]Seriously you are being precious. You cant cope with 3hours of study?

You would be prepared to skip some an damage your education?

Just get on with it if you want good grades. Just take some music, read a book or watch something on your phone. Presumably you knew about the distance and travel before you started? If you organised your work properly and get some done at the weekend, then when you get home on Monday night you can eat and then go straight to bed to recover.[/QUOTE

I can cope with 3 hours study easy, I just think the time is not appropriate 2-5 is middle of afternoon, a morning start would been better, the tutors have suited it to themselves obviously. Don't say comments to me on here if your going to say this in real life.
'Its not forever' its a 3 year degree course, I think you would be sick of it at times.

I am in the final year of my 3 year degree and I will be 70 next month. I don't get 'sick of it' because it's where I want to be.
I get up at 5 am every morning to work on assignments/dissertation and other work I need to prepare for seminars.
I often stay overnight at my uni library as it's open 24/7.
It's all down to how much you want something and you sound very entitled to me.
If you can't take the pressure of having to get up and get yourself out to uni, then find something else to do. Grow up!
Reply 11
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Oh for heaven's sake what a snowflake you are.

I leave work at 6pm. It take me two hours to get home via tube and train. Then I am up next morning at 4.30am to get the train and tube back to work for 8am start. I do this four days a week

My point is that the time is inappropriate, I would have preferred a morning state, not 2-5 its suited to the teacher's lives not the students. Well its a 3 year course, and I have 2 and a half years left. Thats if I even get that far. I'm not being a snowflake
Reply 12
I am in the final year of my 3 year degree and I will be 70 next month. I don't get 'sick of it' because it's where I want to be.
I get up at 5 am every morning to work on assignments/dissertation and other work I need to prepare for seminars.
I often stay overnight at my uni library as it's open 24/7.
It's all down to how much you want something and you sound very entitled to me.
If you can't take the j rhino of having to get up and get yourself out to uni, then find something else to do. Grow up!

I am not entitled, you don't even know me, you just want praise because you doing this and have had no struggles. I am not the one needs to grow you are stop saying things on here that you wouldn't say in real life!
Believe me, I have had more struggles than you can possibly imagine. And I have 7 children and 17 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild and I speak my mind to them and to others like yourself who can't hack a few hours study without getting stressed out. I don't need praise for what I do in life, but I think you are just pissed off because no one here agrees with you.
You sound like one of my younger grandchildren when they can't get their own way.
Reply 14
My point is that the time is inappropriate, I would have preferred a morning state, not 2-5 its suited to the teacher's lives not the students. Well its a 3 year course, and I have 2 and a half years left. Thats if I even get that far. I'm not being a snowflake

You are being a snowflake.

It has to be arranged around the teachers - they will have other commitments such as other classes to teach. On top of that, students have differences of opinion - some students would love a 2pm start as it means they're not getting up early! So the college is never going to please everyone.

If you want to skip the class sometimes then skip it. It's your education you're messing up.
Reply 15
Original post by Juno
You are being a snowflake.

It has to be arranged around the teachers - they will have other commitments such as other classes to teach. On top of that, students have differences of opinion - some students would love a 2pm start as it means they're not getting up early! So the college is never going to please everyone.

If you want to skip the class sometimes then skip it. It's your education you're messing up.

Don't say comments to me on here that you won't say to me in real life. Students who I have talked to agree with me about this. One of my friends is actually talking to her personal tutor about it, so I think you're wrong. I know im not going to ask morons on here for advice again.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Believe me, I have had more struggles than you can possibly imagine. And I have 7 children and 17 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild and I speak my mind to them and to others like yourself who can't hack a few hours study without getting stressed out. I don't need praise for what I do in life, but I think you are just pissed off because no one here agrees with you.
You sound like one of my younger grandchildren when they can't get their own way.

I can handle the study fine, It is this time schedule I am not happy about because the teachers have put their own priorities before the students. Nobody agrees with me? Well a lot of people on my course agree with me and my friends think it should change also. I know I won't be asking morons like you for advice on here again!
I can handle the study fine, It is this time schedule I am not happy about because the teachers have put their own priorities before the students. Nobody agrees with me? Well a lot of people on my course agree with me and my friends think it should change also. I know I won't be asking morons like you for advice on here again!

Your friends agree with you! Bloody hell - there's more than one of you that thinks the world revolves around them. I feel sorry for your tutors.
This thread is hilarious. We may have found a winner for the most entitled student for 2018.
Reply 19
This was a mistake and has seriously put off me off using this site anymore, I don't think I want to. I thought people on here would have been smart and intelligent, but clearly not, you all remind me of the bullies and nasty people from high school. The majority of my answers are horrible, things to make me feel foolish such as 'Well did you not know about the travelling' 'your a snowflake' 'grow up' 'your entitled' I'm not any of those things, none of you even know who I am. Did your mother never tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Quick Reply

Latest