The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CowCud
Typical. As soon as I post for help I work out what I should put where!

I've done cookie round
Original post by LuminousGamerZ
Hey bro I just hit 80% with 70,500 points. I've got 24 badges. I clear levels 1-6 in the HQ but on lvl 7 challenge 3 I can't work out. I've also done 8-10 and half way through 11. For the moon base I've clear 1-4 and half of 5-7. Unfortunately I've had to use a few hints here and there so I hope that doesn't ruin my chances.

Hi,

completed level 5 challenge 7. i can help you if you help me please with level 6 challenge 3
Original post by SPooks234456789
Hi,

completed level 5 challenge 7. i can help you if you help me please with level 6 challenge 3

When you do 'ls', out the options which come up, ONLY '.' and '..' are NATURALLY occuring. EVERYTHING else is made by the user. So see if you can find a trick they played :smile:
Latest update, only levels i need in 11/12 are 11,8 and 12,6- the 2 'cryptonite' levels. Any help with these would be much appreciated. Want to compete L11/12 before I take a serious look at 13!
Original post by Jamiewinter
Latest update, only levels i need in 11/12 are 11,8 and 12,6- the 2 'cryptonite' levels. Any help with these would be much appreciated. Want to compete L11/12 before I take a serious look at 13!

Any help on the pencil question in level 10 would be much appreciated. It's finding the password that I just can't seem to do. I've even tried brute forcing it with the 100,000 most common passwords to no avail.
Original post by juju2964
When you do 'ls', out the options which come up, ONLY '.' and '..' are NATURALLY occuring. EVERYTHING else is made by the user. So see if you can find a trick they played :smile:

I still dont get how to do this...
Original post by lewism3333
I still dont get how to do this...

Look at what pops up when you type 'ls' :smile: see if you can see something special ... :wink:
For the moon level L4 C4 i use the code

import urllib2
api = 5500
for x in range (5500,5600):
req = urllib2.Request('http://127.0.0.1:8082')
req.add_header(api, 'http://127.0.0.1:8082')
resp = urllib2.urlopen(req)
content = resp.read()
api = api + 1

and it comes up with an error, any help...
Original post by JangJang432
Any help on the pencil question in level 10 would be much appreciated. It's finding the password that I just can't seem to do. I've even tried brute forcing it with the 100,000 most common passwords to no avail.

PM me
Is there a deadline that we have to complete all the challenges by?
Original post by razakma15
For the moon level L4 C4 i use the code

import urllib2
api = 5500
for x in range (5500,5600):
req = urllib2.Request('http://127.0.0.1:8082':wink:
req.add_header(api, 'http://127.0.0.1:8082':wink:
resp = urllib2.urlopen(req)
content = resp.read()
api = api + 1

and it comes up with an error, any help...

You've done the add header wrong.
Reply 371
Original post by ace.edge
Is there a deadline that we have to complete all the challenges by?

yes but when is it?
If you check out their Twitter page, he answers a bunch of questions like this with their Q&A videos. I believe the deadline is early May.
guys how do you complete challenges using the virtual machine terminal?
Reply 374
Anyone completed the Moonbase level 5 - the zip file task?

I've created a program to check every possible three digit combo but nothing happens. Any hints?
Original post by Fatima3660
guys how do you complete challenges using the virtual machine terminal?

Same, i need help with this
Original post by Computerslife
Same, i need help with this

Download the VM application on your computer according to the tutorial in the field manual. Then download the VM stuff also on the tutorial.

Once booted up in VM, open chromium and then navigate to the website by typing 'cyber discovery game' in google (should pop up). Then go to the right challenge etc..

To complete some challenges you will need terminal experience and I suggest reading ALL the field manual especially the linux terminal section. :smile: hope this helps.
Original post by CowCud
Anyone completed the Moonbase level 5 - the zip file task?

I've created a program to check every possible three digit combo but nothing happens. Any hints?

Make sure to extract it to '/tmp/' and it will work :smile:
Anyone done the cryptonite ones on L11 and L12? I'm willing to trade or whatever :smile:
Original post by juju2964
Download the VM application on your computer according to the tutorial in the field manual. Then download the VM stuff also on the tutorial.

Once booted up in VM, open chromium and then navigate to the website by typing 'cyber discovery game' in google (should pop up). Then go to the right challenge etc..

To complete some challenges you will need terminal experience and I suggest reading ALL the field manual especially the linux terminal section. :smile: hope this helps.

When i tried to open stuff of the vm it doesnt work, like the first thing im supposed to open through the tutorial

Latest

Trending

Trending