The Student Room Group

Braces... a few of my questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by queenmeelzx
How often do they change wires?!!?!?!?!?!

Like every 2 months ish
Original post by Bill Nye
Every few months.

My wires have never scratched my cheeks, but if they do they give you wax to put on the wire to stop it.

Mine hurt when I bit into anything, or if my teeth touched something. It was only for 3/4 days though and I just took paracetamol.

Jeez :angry:
Reply 22
Not while they're changing it but like after they've done it you'll feel constant pain for like a week. Hate these times
Original post by aceplayyt
Not while they're changing it but like after they've done it you'll feel constant pain for like a week. Hate these times

I feel bad for all people with braces, and my future self.
WTF! REALLY?! I don't understand why?

Because it is cheaper for them :P

Honestly though normal braces are fine. TBH I like choosing the colour of them xD.

The NHS allows anyone under 18 referred by their dentist to have an orthodontic assessment for free, but they only allow you to have braces if your teeth are over a certain threshold. They dont give people braces for slightly out of line teeth for example
The clear ones basically? Do you know anyone that had them in your school?

Oh yeah, they are more expensive and they may take longer to 'work' but they blend with your teeth so it won't be that obvious
I feel bad for all people with braces, and my future self.

If you have soft food you are fine. I could eat any food that dint require chewing, for example I could eat chips if they weren't crispy, and I could eat chicken if I cut it up into very small bits. At school I had a cookie for lunch the 3/4 days that they hurt. I just broke it into small pieces and 'chewed' it with my tongue lmaooo.
Jeez :angry:

Honestly though braces aren't that bad. If they were, people wouldn't keep getting them.
Honestly though braces aren't that bad. If they were, people wouldn't keep getting them.

Thats acc true. When you have them for a long period of time, you get use to them and acc want to keep them on. At first I hated mine but after I got use to them and I forget that they are even there on my teeth
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Thats acc true. When you have them for a long period of time, you get use to them and acc want to keep them on. At first I hated mine but after I got use to them and I forget that they are even there on my teeth

Same, but I have braces on now xD
Same, but I have braces on now xD

Lol so do I. Getting mine off this October. How are you getting use to yours?
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Lol so do I. Getting mine off this October. How are you getting use to yours?

I dont really notice them now, just a bit annoying if I get something stuck in my teeth at school.
I had braces for a month and gave up and thought it was not worth it :biggrin:
I dont really notice them now, just a bit annoying if I get something stuck in my teeth at school.

And you feel proper weird putting your finger in your mouth, so you have to sit there and use your tongue and remove the food.
They don’t say anything and you keep them on for about 2 years + there isn’t anything to be worried about as most teenagers have braces
When, they first put your braces in, did it hurt?

When I first got them on, no. However, when they got tightened (once every couple of months or so) they could be pretty painful and made it difficult to eat. But the pain wears off in like 2 days and it’s not horrific- just take some paracetamol and you’re good.
Mah girl I gots you,

Anyone questions you then you got these options.

1- Stay eerily quiet accompanied with the evil eye.

2- use a combo (got a few ideas myself).

Punch to the gut, punch to the kidney then finish it with a sweet punch to the nose. This'll either cause a knockout, kill him or somehow get him sent to the ER

If your good with the legs (do not misconstrude what I just said) then your gonna want to step in with your dominant leg and at the same time swerve your leg so it comes in contact with both the nig*as legs while pushing his head downwards ( I suggest you do this by gripping his neck and swiftly push it to the floor)- This'll either cause him a concussion, give him/her brain damage, kill them, kncok em out.

I realise now that the 2nd option is quite sadistic so just ignore both and try not to get angry cause they'll want that. Just give em the old blank face. Although for situations where you gotta use self-defense I think you should go with the 2nd option I mean if you want.
How long did you have to wear your braces? Got them in around start of year 9 and out end of year 10 so around 2 years
What was it like having braces while being at school? Everyone wore them so no big deal at the time. No one judges you based on your braces.
Was it a lot of effort wearing them? It hurt when they got tightened now and again and how to make sure I was thorough with brushing

Nothing to be too worried about if you're thinking about getting them
btw I gots to get braces as well sadly they're being stingy saying my teeth ain't up to scratch. So for further advice Imma say that you need to brush your teeth everyday until the appointment then you can go back to your normal methods, and also never miss an appointment cause they can decide either to make another date for you to come or just completely scrap the idea and send you back to square 1. Aight hope this helps.
How long did you have to wear your braces? Estimated 2.5 years.
What was it like having braces while being at school? I didn't have braces at school, I had them at uni. The first week or so a few people were like "oh, you got braces" but after that no one mentioned them.
Was it a lot of effort wearing them? The main thing is that it hurts after getting them fitted or adjusted and that you cannot eat/drink certain things. It also takes me slightly longer to brush my teeth.

Quick Reply

Latest