The Student Room Group

Advice on my relationship and how to cope

Hi

Im 17 and im studying full time at college. I met my girlfriend over 14 months ago and everything was just amazing at the start. It was like it was meant to be. I’ve never been the same person that i was at the start for the last 9 months almost and this is why.

I constantly live in fear. Previously my girlfriend was very close to lots of other boys and i know she does enjoy social media. This makes me feel uncomfortable even though i know it shouldn’t.
My friends all left me. Im totally isolated in the sense that she still has her friends but i dont have mine. This then makes me feel down, upset and a touch jealous when she says she wants to go out with friends.

Recently these feelings have caused me to create arguments between us. We are growing apart and im at last hopes now.

I love my girlfriend and id be lost without her. However with the arguments, i feel she will go soon. Because, really why wouldnt she?

Im just looking for any advice on the situation and how i can make this better. Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

Im 17 and im studying full time at college. I met my girlfriend over 14 months ago and everything was just amazing at the start. It was like it was meant to be. I’ve never been the same person that i was at the start for the last 9 months almost and this is why.

I constantly live in fear. Previously my girlfriend was very close to lots of other boys and i know she does enjoy social media. This makes me feel uncomfortable even though i know it shouldn’t.
My friends all left me. Im totally isolated in the sense that she still has her friends but i dont have mine. This then makes me feel down, upset and a touch jealous when she says she wants to go out with friends.

Recently these feelings have caused me to create arguments between us. We are growing apart and im at last hopes now.

I love my girlfriend and id be lost without her. However with the arguments, i feel she will go soon. Because, really why wouldnt she?

Im just looking for any advice on the situation and how i can make this better. Thanks

Resume contact with your friends. Admit youve neglected them but make an effort and mend friendships.

Stop arguing with gf as sounds like you are drifting apart and the more needy an clingy or argumentative you get, then the faster you are destroying it.
Original post by 999tigger
Resume contact with your friends. Admit youve neglected them but make an effort and mend friendships.

Stop arguing with gf as sounds like you are drifting apart and the more needy an clingy or argumentative you get, then the faster you are destroying it.

I’ve tried hard to reconnect with friends. The arguments are almost unstoppable. What should i do?
Original post by rhysslater200
I’ve tried hard to reconnect with friends. The arguments are almost unstoppable. What should i do?

Try harder.

Takes two to argue. Stop it from your side.

Maybe make peace and give her reason to want to be with you, but its not looking good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending