The Student Room Group

Housemate hasn't invited us to her party downstairs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringAccount
Aight bun everyone elses advice follow this nig*as advice @YouAreAYute. Take a rep or the solid advice. I will say this though you should give her the silent treatement oh and watch out for her she may be a snake but I assume your a respectable person so check up on her every now and then cause if it is a house party then your gonna wanna make sure that no one takes advantage of her. You should know what i'm referring to by now. Aight........

Yeah I will. And she'll be alright, her older sister is pretty sensible plus her boyfriend is here as well.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not going to mention anything to her. I don't want to go because none of us have been invited even though we would normally talk about that kind of stuff.
She definitely hasn't assumed, because how would we even know about it.
Just never seen anything like it. Every party I've been to, everyone in the house/flat is aware. Whether they want to join or not. I just think it's strange behaviour and not very polite.
It'd be fine if she told us and we didn't want to go and stayed in our rooms all night. But she hasn't said anything and it's just been sprung on us. I only know because I've been home all day. One of my other housemates has been at work all day and only just come back. Normally has a long shower, makes dinner and chills in front of the telly. So her evening is ruined.

You make things more difficult for yourself.
Yeah I will. And she'll be alright, her older sister is pretty sensible plus her boyfriend is here as well.

Aight but in case of both the boyfriend and older sister becoming intoxicated and maybe even passing out from excessive drinking, you gotta step in aight nig*a. I can give you a sweet bada*s combo to use on the assailant/rap*st if you want?
Aight but in case of both the boyfriend and older sister becoming intoxicated and maybe even passing out from excessive drinking, you gotta step in aight nig*a. I can give you a sweet bada*s combo to use on the assailant/rap*st if you want?

Haha it's cool, her sister doesn't drink. But I appreciate it
Reply 24
If she didn't invite you she doesn't really want you there. That's it.
Original post by Zarek
If she didn't invite you she doesn't really want you there. That's it.

Yeah I know I gathered. Still could have warned us so we'd know our evenings would be interrupted. I guess she really does not give a sh*t about us. Questioning whether I should say happy birthday or not now...
Aight bun everyone elses advice follow this nig*as advice @YouAreAYute. Take a rep or the solid advice. I will say this though you should give her the silent treatement oh and watch out for her she may be a snake but I assume your a respectable person so check up on her every now and then cause if it is a house party then your gonna wanna make sure that no one takes advantage of her. You should know what i'm referring to by now. Aight........

na see this is real love right here
Reply 27
Yeah I know I gathered. Still could have warned us so we'd know our evenings would be interrupted. I guess she really does not give a sh*t about us. Questioning whether I should say happy birthday or not now...

Fair point, it is a tad inconsiderate. Rise above it, say Happy Birthday..
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

A tad melodramatic perhaps, but apposite.
I thought we were all reasonably close friends (admittedly not as close as we were last year) and normally if there's a party we all know about it. She's been prepping the house all day for a party tonight but hasn't even mentioned it to any of us? I feel really awkward about it. We bumped into each other earlier as I was going up the stairs and did the usual 'alright' but she didn't mention anything.
And now I feel awkward going downstairs because she's still prepping the party with her friend and sister. I feel like she may invite me out of politeness if she sees me once the party has started but I wouldn't really feel welcome. So I'd have to make up some excuse.
Do you think this is odd behaviour?
Wish I had made plans tonight because now I'm going to just have to stay in my room all night. Fair enough if she didn't want to invite us and just have her course friends but she could have mentioned it so we knew our evenings would be ruined.
They're literally coming up and down the stairs all evening getting ready and sorting things downstairs so I can't even make dinner.

Wait until it starts then go down and be super awkward acting like it's just another day. Sit on people if you need to.

Seriously though, sharing a house can get super awkward. Would have been cool of her to give you a heads up or something. but try not to read into it too much or hold a grudge over it. Awkward stuff happens, but it can turn into way worse if you let it bother you too much.
Original post by Kindred
Wait until it starts then go down and be super awkward acting like it's just another day. Sit on people if you need to.

Seriously though, sharing a house can get super awkward. Would have been cool of her to give you a heads up or something. but try not to read into it too much or hold a grudge over it. Awkward stuff happens, but it can turn into way worse if you let it bother you too much.

Yeah maybe she thought we wouldn't be interested and didn't want us making up excuses and turning her down. I'm not going to hold it against her too much but it has made me question things. Quite a lot of people here now, and voices of people I know she hasn't even seen in forever (aka people she's not that close to).
Original post by YouAreAYute
na see this is real love right here

Aight I ain't on that whole love ting cause it's just gives me the shivers. But we'll leave it at this you a homeboi aight.
I don't think so. I would think that if she mentioned she was having the party but didn't formally invite us. But when she hasn't said a word to us about it all week, it's a bit odd. Last year for her birthday we had a party and we were all invited on the facebook event even though we planned it with her. I'm not even close to the people she has invited, but if she had told us I could have been mentally prepared and maybe invited a mate to join.

us?
Original post by SMEGGGY
us?

Me and my other housemates.
I thought we were all reasonably close friends (admittedly not as close as we were last year) and normally if there's a party we all know about it. She's been prepping the house all day for a party tonight but hasn't even mentioned it to any of us?

Maybe it's assumed you're invited since it's happening literally under your nose :biggrin: It isn't like she can ask you to stay in your room all night like the Dursleys made Harry Potter do...

Just go downstairs and join in with the party, look out for if the vibe changes. If it suddenly gets awkward, then you know you're not invited, but I highly doubt that.

Although when I've invited my friends from back home and wanted to hang with them alone in the communal area, my housemates understand and leave me be and vice-versa.
Aight I ain't on that whole love ting cause it's just gives me the shivers. But we'll leave it at this you a homeboi aight.

lmao i'll accept that g

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending