The Student Room Group

Accomadation in London Unis if Im already living in London

I really want to move out but I heard that if I live in London and am going to a London Uni then I wont get accomadation. Is this true or will i still get accomadation. I'm desperate for accomadation in halls.
Original post by RZZR
I really want to move out but I heard that if I live in London and am going to a London Uni then I wont get accomadation. Is this true or will i still get accomadation. I'm desperate for accomadation in halls.

Who said you won't get accommodation? Every university I've seen (including some in London) guarantee accommodation in the first-year.

It's the distance from campus and the price that you should be worrying about.
Reply 2
I heard a lot of people that live in London will get rejected for accomadation.]
Original post by Blue_Cow
Who said you won't get accommodation? Every university I've seen (including some in London) guarantee accommodation in the first-year.

It's the distance from campus and the price that you should be worrying about.
Original post by RZZR

Nah, most universities guarantee accommodation for first year students. I'm from London and I got into halls no problem even though I sent my form in late.

You may be lower priority for halls compared to students coming from further away, but this will probably just mean that you may not get your first choice rather than not getting halls at all. When accommodation gets allocated and if you are unsuccessful in getting a place then most likely you can appeal this. Places in halls will become available as people miss their grades, decide to take a gap year etc, so do keep in contact with the accommodation office.

If worst comes to the worst, there are private halls that can offer you accommodation, but these tend to be extremely expensive.

TL;DR; you are most likely going to be fine, but if not there are still things you can do.

Quick Reply