The Student Room Group

CONFUSED about UCAS Extra!

Hello,

I am hoping to go through UCAS Extra to find a new course for myself at a specific university. However, I already hold an offer at another university. I do not want to turn down this offer BEFORE I know whether there are any places/courses available at my first-choice university.

Is there any way to see what courses are available in Extra before rejecting/being rejected from all 5 of your places. I read somewhere that anyone can use the search tool (just not apply), but I can not find anyone else saying this.

I got in contact with UCAS and in answer to my question they just said "Extra opens on the 25th" - thanks UCAS, really helpful.

Thanks for any responses.
i was just looking trying to find it too but i think its still too early. Universities will probably add their courses into extra in a couple of days, hopefully.
Original post by Betsy_2018
Hello,

I am hoping to go through UCAS Extra to find a new course for myself at a specific university. However, I already hold an offer at another university. I do not want to turn down this offer BEFORE I know whether there are any places/courses available at my first-choice university.

Is there any way to see what courses are available in Extra before rejecting/being rejected from all 5 of your places. I read somewhere that anyone can use the search tool (just not apply), but I can not find anyone else saying this.

I got in contact with UCAS and in answer to my question they just said "Extra opens on the 25th" - thanks UCAS, really helpful.

Thanks for any responses.

You can search for extra vacancies once it opens. It’s the standard ucas course search.

Before applying anywhere in extra it’s important to phone the university concerned and check that there are genuinely vacancies and that you have the sort of subjects/grades that they’re looking for.
If I go on ucas search, I can't see an option to search for extra courses???

Original post by PQ
You can search for extra vacancies once it opens. It’s the standard ucas course search.

Before applying anywhere in extra it’s important to phone the university concerned and check that there are genuinely vacancies and that you have the sort of subjects/grades that they’re looking for.
Original post by nina123876
If I go on ucas search, I can't see an option to search for extra courses???

see the image

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending