The Student Room Group

Grand big Mac-disappointment?

Who else thought it would be a little bigger and better than it was? :biggrin:
Original post by Hollycute2018

That’s literally my only problem with McDs is that their burgers are all too small and never fill me up
Reply 2
It sealed the deal. I am never going back to McDs again.
Original post by SherlockD
That’s literally my only problem with McDs is that their burgers are all too small and never fill me up

I know right XD Such a let down.. It's never like when you order food in other places. I would not even mind paying a bit more for a bigger burger :biggrin:

I thought it was great, although I had never had a regular big mac before. It's still about 700 calories on its own so I wouldn't want it to be much bigger.
My partner's had it twice and been disappointed, they've definitely been skimping on the sauce
Reply 6
There's an innuendo somewhere in here.
It's 1370 calories when combined with large fries.
Original post by DrSocSciences
It's 1370 calories when combined with large fries.

Add a milkshake and a McFlurry and it becomes a whole day's worth of calories.

I'll have to try one for tomorrow night's dinner.
Honestly, everyone’s been losing out because the BIG MAC JR. is honestly the best burger they currently sell and definitely better than the other two Big Mac’s.

Sometimes smaller is better people! There is way more flavour in the Big Mac Jr because the sauce and pickle to beef and bun ratio is fantastic.

If you really don’t believe me then continue to enjoy your bready dry giant Big Mac’s.
Original post by bones-mccoy
My partner's had it twice and been disappointed, they've definitely been skimping on the sauce

Mayhaps your partner ain't too bright. And his account is far from "definite".

It is quite foolhardy to suggest one or two McDonald's burger-building habits are pervasive across the UK. The issue you faced in your small sample could be attributable to one bad cook. I refer you to my first contention.
moved to food and drink :biggrin:
Original post by Notoriety
Mayhaps your partner ain't too bright. And his account is far from "definite".

It is quite foolhardy to suggest one or two McDonald's burger-building habits are pervasive across the UK. The issue you faced in your small sample could be attributable to one bad cook. I refer you to my first contention.

Not saying it's definite, it's just his experience of it that others have echoed as well

You don't have to get all self-righteous just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you
(edited 6 years ago)
Not saying it's definite, it's just his experience of it that others have echoed as well

You don't have to get all self-righteous just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you

I am just saying, let's not ruin the reputation of a leading fast food chain based on one person's experience of one McDonald's cook's cooking. You know, you need to be more open minded ultimately.

You'll get there in the end.
Original post by Notoriety
I am just saying, let's not ruin the reputation of a leading fast food chain based on one person's experience of one McDonald's cook's cooking. You know, you need to be more open minded ultimately.

You'll get there in the end.

One person's opinion of McDonalds is hardly going to ruin their reputation

It's sad that you care so much
It concerns me how a simple thread on Big Macs is turning into a full blown debate

What a very TSR thing to do
One person's opinion of McDonalds is hardly going to ruin their reputation

It's sad that you care so much

Here she goes straight to the insulting phase.

You and I have very different ideas of what constitutes "sad".

Quick Reply

Latest