The Student Room Group

Does she still like me even after all this

Hi,

I recently met a girl through a mutual friend and we started hanging out together for a while as a group. Initially, I didn't speak much to this girl as I felt that she wasn't my type. However, as the days went by I was so wrong and in fact found that we had so much in common. I did have feelings for her and she had feelings for me, which I later found out from my mutual friend and her friend. It wasn't until one of her own friends asked me about the prospects of dating her to which I said at the time that I wasn't ready for a relationship.

I did later go on a "date" with this girl and did explain to her nicely that I didn't want to break her heart. Told her I would greatly disappoint her if I was her boyfriend, but I feel that even after accepting me as a friend, she sees me more than a friend. She called me handsome for example, even after she knew I'm off limits. A part of me still likes her, but I just feel I can't commit to a relationship right now, its very early days. I didn't like the fact that she wanted to know a lot about my life and that she wasn't willing to tell me much of hers.

The thing is, I have stopped messaging people even this girl for a couple of days to sort out other problems. But I think she still likes me as she keeps telling me what she wants to see in a person and told me I am handsome. How should I proceed?
Reply 1
Original post by gurdor
Hi,

I recently met a girl through a mutual friend and we started hanging out together for a while as a group. Initially, I didn't speak much to this girl as I felt that she wasn't my type. However, as the days went by I was so wrong and in fact found that we had so much in common. I did have feelings for her and she had feelings for me, which I later found out from my mutual friend and her friend. It wasn't until one of her own friends asked me about the prospects of dating her to which I said at the time that I wasn't ready for a relationship.

I did later go on a "date" with this girl and did explain to her nicely that I didn't want to break her heart. Told her I would greatly disappoint her if I was her boyfriend, but I feel that even after accepting me as a friend, she sees me more than a friend. She called me handsome for example, even after she knew I'm off limits. A part of me still likes her, but I just feel I can't commit to a relationship right now, its very early days. I didn't like the fact that she wanted to know a lot about my life and that she wasn't willing to tell me much of hers.

The thing is, I have stopped messaging people even this girl for a couple of days to sort out other problems. But I think she still likes me as she keeps telling me what she wants to see in a person and told me I am handsome. How should I proceed?

Are you ready for a relationship now? If it's been a few days then it should be fine. It's not like you've completely cut her off for months.

I suggest asking her out on a date again. It would be good to reach out to her and to perhaps to get the ball rolling again. You don't have to enter a relationship at this stage but just keep going on dates.
yeah, I agree with @UWS are you now ready for a relationship? I mean you seem like a respectable guy I can't really advise you on what you shoud do? Thing is it's your choice. To me it seems like a cute a*s couple in the works. You can always keep your relationship a secret like an inner circle type ting I guess.
Reply 3
Original post by AspiringAccount
yeah, I agree with @UWS are you now ready for a relationship? I mean you seem like a respectable guy I can't really advise you on what you shoud do? Thing is it's your choice. To me it seems like a cute a*s couple in the works. You can always keep your relationship a secret like an inner circle type ting I guess.

Yeah I guess so. It's earlier days and I guess you need to know someone PROPERLY before committing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending