The Student Room Group

Good Macbook deals

I need a new laptop because mine is too slow and not very compact. I would like a macbook pro 15" or a macbook 13" but obviously the only barrier is the massive cost!! does anyone know any good (legit) websites for cheap macbooks? I have looked on Toby Deals and the cheapest they have is £900 or so. is there anywhere cheaper?
Why a macbook in particular? You can buy a beastly laptop for that sort of money.. if of course you are willing to use Windows.
I’d like a MacBook because I can’t stand windows 10 and all other laptops have it (unless it’s second hand). Also they are really light and you have the App Store and I guess it’s just an opinion thing.
Can you get student discount without a student discount card? I’m in year 10 and we don’t have them...
Try jigsaw 24?
Original post by rainbowcat1437
I need a new laptop because mine is too slow and not very compact. I would like a macbook pro 15" or a macbook 13" but obviously the only barrier is the massive cost!! does anyone know any good (legit) websites for cheap macbooks? I have looked on Toby Deals and the cheapest they have is £900 or so. is there anywhere cheaper?

Depends if you want brand new, refurbed or 2nd hand (latter 2 are both 2nd hand except 1 has been maintained the other hasnt).

If you want a 15 inch pro, you will sadly need to get a 2nd hand model as the former 2 are too expensive.

when you say 13 inch macbook, you mean macbook, air or pro. In terms of performance it is pro>air>macbook (macbook uses quite low powered processors vs air and pro).

I would say look at a refurbed pro or try getting an air with a student discount if you want a sub £900 macbook (currently 10% student discount but is usually between 8-15%).

If you want 2nd hand macs, go for https://uk.webuy.com/ , otherwise get it from apple or from a reseller like stormfront

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending