The Student Room Group

help please

I'm doing my IGCSE's right now in grade 11 and thinking about A/S levels for next year.however I am interested in the I/B but considering that IB usually takes place over 2 years is it possible for me to do I/B next year?
Original post by m.e.
I'm doing my IGCSE's right now in grade 11 and thinking about A/S levels for next year.however I am interested in the I/B but considering that IB usually takes place over 2 years is it possible for me to do I/B next year?

Ask your school imo do one or the other.
AS levels on their own arent much use imo.
3 x full A levels are.

If you want to do IB, then start it in year 12.
Reply 2
As from what I've heard, A levels are more preferable after IGCSE. But it depends on your school. For example mine just offers IBDP, hence I'll be forced to take it. But for you, if you have a choice, then I think you should go for A-level. Nonetheless, it doesn't really matter which one you choose. You can do either of them. The only thing that matters is that you have the satisfaction with the knowledge you gain, and the way you gain it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Are you asking if you'd be able to do the IB in one year?
Reply 4
Original post by beddall01
Are you asking if you'd be able to do the IB in one year?

ya coz iv heard thats its done over 2 yrs
Reply 5
There's no way it could be done in one year, there's more content than a levels and lots of coursework. Plus the extended essay and CAS has to actually go on over two years, and if you don't do cas, even if you get full marks in the rest, you fail the whole thing.

Sorry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest