The Student Room Group

Best Sixth Forms in Worcestershire

Hello! so I’m currently half way in year 10, which I know may be early to be thinking about sixth forms, but by the time the summer passes I will be needing to attend open evenings and apply for sixth forms.

What are the best sixth forms in the Worcestershire area or surrounding? Please share anything, I’m willing to try many different sixth forms to visit in September tbh, I would just like to attend a sixth form that is very good!
Original post by Saffron512
Hello! so I’m currently half way in year 10, which I know may be early to be thinking about sixth forms, but by the time the summer passes I will be needing to attend open evenings and apply for sixth forms.

What are the best sixth forms in the Worcestershire area or surrounding? Please share anything, I’m willing to try many different sixth forms to visit in September tbh, I would just like to attend a sixth form that is very good!

Have a look at these. They are all sixth forms with an Oftsed rating of Good to Outstanding within a 10 mile radius of Worcester. They are all grade 2 Good.

https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/find-a-school-in-england?radius=10&schoollevel=IsPost16&ofstedrating=1&ofstedrating=2&searchtype=search-by-location&keywords=WR1+3QT&LocationCoordinates=&selectionState=0%2C1%2C0%2C0&orderby=&tab=undefined

If you extend the distance to 15 miles, then there are 8 outstanding schools. Depends on transport and how far you wish to travel plus can afford.

https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/find-a-school-in-england?radius=15&schoollevel=IsPost16&ofstedrating=1&searchtype=search-by-location&keywords=WR1+3QT&LocationCoordinates=&selectionState=0%2C1%2C0%2C0&orderby=&tab=undefined
Reply 2

Wow that’s so helpful! I will for sure check those links out, thank you for your help!
Wow that’s so helpful! I will for sure check those links out, thank you for your help!

Access to that database has only existed since last year. It is invaluable.

Understand how far you might be prepared to travel plus note you can also search by A level results. Play about with it. The higher attaining the school, then the more competitive it will be to get in. You will need good grades amongst other things.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Access to that database has only existed since last year. It is invaluable.

Understand how far you might be prepared to travel plus note you can also search by A level results. Play about with it. The higher attaining the school, then the more competitive it will be to get in. You will need good grades amongst other things.

I’m totally aware I’m most likely going to need to travel to get to sixth form, id rather travel to go to a better school than just go for convenience of location. Do you know if he schools except you based on what you’re expected to get in your exams, especially when doing the interviews?
I’m totally aware I’m most likely going to need to travel to get to sixth form, id rather travel to go to a better school than just go for convenience of location. Do you know if he schools except you based on what you’re expected to get in your exams, especially when doing the interviews?

It depends when they recruiting cycle is and you will learn that from their webpage. I believe they give you a conditional offer and base it on your predicted grades which usually come from your mocks.

Some schools have entrance exams.

As well as travel times make sure you get multiple applications in due to the competition. jeep several going at any one time.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
It depends when they recruiting cycle is and you will learn that from their webpage. I believe they give you a conditional offer and base it on your predicted grades which usually come from your mocks.

Some schools have entrance exams.

As well as travel times make sure you get multiple applications in due to the competition. jeep several going at any one time.

Thank you so much for you help!!!
Thank you so much for you help!!!

Your welcome. If you get stuck then just post back. be prepared for some rejections, but if your grades are good and you do your prep then you maximise your chances. Sixth form is only 18 months so it goes quickly. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending