The Student Room Group
thanks i was really considering it u changed my mind
Well if you cannot use capital letters, sounds good enough for me.
Reply 3
Original post by YouAreAYute
thanks i was really considering it u changed my mind

It can be difficult to progress into the next year because its difficult to pass exams. They don't have any real standard that they use to calculate grades. The exams are oral based and it all depends on how much the teacher thinks you know. For some teachers, if you can't answer two or three questions, they will fail you. There can be a lot of bias too.

Their standards of a pass grade are too high IMO.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ari1449
you have to be willing to work really hard to ensure that you pass all your exams and are able to progress into the next year.

Well done, you've just described "university".
Original post by ari1449
But for many teachers a pass would be like 70% or 80%. Their standards are really high. It can be quite absurd.

Sounds like medical school in the UK then. None of my exams had a 50% pass mark either.

I doubt there's a reputable medical school anywhere which will allow you to progress with 30-40% (which you can do with non-medical degrees).
Original post by ari1449
In all honesty, it isn't a terrible place but you have to be willing to work really hard to ensure that you pass all your exams and are able to progress into the next year.

I will warn you that for some teachers a pass is not really a 'pass'.
For example, a pass is usually 50%, meaning if you know the basics you are qualified to attain a pass grade. But for many teachers a pass would be like 70% or 80%. Their standards are really high. It can be quite absurd.

i'm pretty sure the guy was taking the piss...
Reply 7
Original post by Ryanthom100
i'm pretty sure the guy was taking the piss...

okay
Reply 8
Original post by Democracy
Sounds like medical school in the UK then. None of my exams had a 50% pass mark either.

I doubt there's a reputable medical school anywhere which will allow you to progress with 30-40% (which you can do with non-medical degrees).

You've got written exams though, right?

Perhaps it's just the exam style that I disagree with then.Even if you get most questions right, some of the teachers still fail you for not being able to answer a few other questions. They have no standard that they judge by. They just do whatever they feel like doing.
Reply 9
Original post by nightwingx
You've got written exams though, right?

Perhaps it's just the exam style that I disagree with then.Even if you get most questions right, some of the teachers still fail you for not being able to answer a few other questions. They have no standard that they judge by. They just do whatever they feel like doing.

You have OSCE examinations, which account for more and are much harder to pass.
At my uni, pass mark is not known on the day of the exam and is adjusted based on groups performance (for example it can be 20/25 or 15/25, depending how well we do). It has criteria such as 'showed empathy', 'treated patient with respect' etc which are very hard to assess objectively so two people doing the exact same thing might get different scores.
Reply 10
Original post by Drewski
Well done, you've just described "university".

aw thanks
Nightwingx are you troll or something bro lol what’s your beef with Pleven? Are you student? Or you just spreading false information on behalf of someone. Guys I’m a fifth year student ask me anything you want. I have nothing to gain or lose.
Original post by DrMKUltra
Nightwingx are you troll or something bro lol what’s your beef with Pleven? Are you student? Or you just spreading false information on behalf of someone. Guys I’m a fifth year student ask me anything you want. I have nothing to gain or lose.

Hey could you message me answers to these questions I have? I want to apply for Medicine in Pleven but I'm skeptical about the University:1) How is the overall studying of Medicine over there? How organised is it and how well is the curriculum in terms of studying it at Pleven?2) What are you enjoying so far at Pleven and what do you dislike so far?3) How is the city? The expenses, the lifestyle, the weather?4) What happens when students fail? Do they give them opportunities?
Original post by DrMKUltra

Hi,

I am applying for medicine to Pleven University. Wondering you could answers following questions:

1. How is the overall studying of Medicine over there?
2. How well is the curriculum in terms of studying at Pleven?
3. What are you enjoying so far at Pleven and what do you dislike so far?
4. What happens when students fail?
Reply 14
to everyone asking me how pleven is, what i like about it etc, please read the title of the thread. I created this thread to tell people not to go to pleven university. With that in mind, please know that there is nothing good about the university.

the teachers and staff are rude and the system is disorganised.

they fail like 60% of students every year because they don't have enough spaces for the large number of students. It's literally a shedding process. they'll fail you unfairly and will basically screw you up.

Don't bother wasting your time over there, they're just looking for ways to make money and leech off of international students. they don't care about your level of knowledge or how bright you are, or whether or not you deserve to pass. they just want the bucks and they want lots of it.
Nightwing that is small talk. I graduated from there a few years ago. I don’t know how long you were in Pleven but by reading your comment I gather you failed terribly. The comments you have made above are famous in Pleven and they ONLY come from people who have been bumming around all semester, not attending classes and then show up to the exam not knowing anything and expect to pass just because they are in Bulgaria. Mate I studied in Pleven for six years and came out be a successful Doctor in the UK. In every exam you have a written exam and then and oral exam. They ask basic questions from what you have written and the general topic. So if you are not able to answer them, then I am afraid you should not be passing those exams. I sat 57 exams in six years - I have never experienced what you are saying. In fact in my circle I never had heard any of these comments. So instead of commenting here.. Why don’t you try opening some books and studying. If you still have an issue with Professors failing you despite you knowing everything then give the names of the Professors and I will escalate it.
wasn't planning to

Latest

Trending

Trending