The Student Room Group

I think I like this girl... and I am a girl

Sooo... theres this girl who ive been friends w for ages, both of us have only dated boys, but something changed in the past year and I think I like her in a non-friend way, she's implied it too, but I dont know how to go about telling her that I like her. Theres some obvious tension between us and I just dont know what to do
Original post by Anonymous
Sooo... theres this girl who ive been friends w for ages, both of us have only dated boys, but something changed in the past year and I think I like her in a non-friend way, she's implied it too, but I dont know how to go about telling her that I like her. Theres some obvious tension between us and I just dont know what to do

I've been in this position before. We were both nervous about telling each other for ages and didn't know the other liked the other. But luckily she told me and the rest is history, nearly been together for 3 years :smile: my only regret is not telling her sooner :tongue: good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I've been in this position before. We were both nervous about telling each other for ages and didn't know the other liked the other. But luckily she told me and the rest is history, nearly been together for 3 years :smile: my only regret is not telling her sooner :tongue: good luck :biggrin:

Omg im so glad somoeones has been in my position!

How actually did she tell you? If you dont mind going in detail??
Omg im so glad somoeones has been in my position!

How actually did she tell you? If you dont mind going in detail??

She told me over message, which I think was a really good idea because then we both had time to react and formulate a good reply rather than in person in case the other doesn’t feel the same. I can’t remember exactly how she worded it but it came across as very non pressured and relaxed, not dramatic and intense :tongue:
Reply 4
She told me over message, which I think was a really good idea because then we both had time to react and formulate a good reply rather than in person in case the other doesn’t feel the same. I can’t remember exactly how she worded it but it came across as very non pressured and relaxed, not dramatic and intense :tongue:

Thats true... I just dont know how to word it, and maybe (though Im pretty sure I havent) Ive got the wrong end of the stick... I dont want to risk friendship
Thats true... I just dont know how to word it, and maybe (though Im pretty sure I havent) Ive got the wrong end of the stick... I dont want to risk friendship

I think first finding out if she does or can like girls like that (if you haven't already) and being clear that you can - that's half the way there :tongue: and then just being really honest like "I'm not sure if you'd noticed but I'm starting to like you more than a friend. How do you feel about that? Obviously take your time and if you're interested we could go for dinner or something and see how things go. I'm also more than happy to be friends :smile: "
Reply 6
I think first finding out if she does or can like girls like that (if you haven't already) and being clear that you can - that's half the way there :tongue: and then just being really honest like "I'm not sure if you'd noticed but I'm starting to like you more than a friend. How do you feel about that? Obviously take your time and if you're interested we could go for dinner or something and see how things go. I'm also more than happy to be friends :smile: "

Tbf I am quite a honest person.... thank you for all your helo!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending