The Student Room Group

On the road to 9s and A*A* Maths/FM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1000A* at GCSEs
Yeah I've heard of kids doing 6 A Levels but what this kid is trying to do is unprecedented. I don't mean to sound brash but OP needs a life beyond revision and books. Do the right extracurricular stuff before uni application and you will get an Oxbridge interview easy (probably an offer) without the unnecessary stress. In my opinion OP needs to continue his unbelievable work ethic but cut down on his workload.

Trust me OP can handle the workload. The guy goes to my school and I am sure that he can manage it. IMO he's doing pretty good in every subject so far. Dude is the best guy in our year at Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, French and computing(all his subjects basically). The guy is in his own league.

Don't get too gassed Ali:biggrin:
Original post by thekidwhogames
Yeah ahaa no one does OCR 21st century. I do OCR Computing too which I think is a pretty easy subject with revision (the questions asked are straightforward e.g. explain this, define this so if you revise it, you're set - well done on that 9!).

Yeah science there's a lot of content. I just read the guide and do questions. I haven't done any notes/flashcards for anything throughout the year but I may start now for Computing. I use mygcsescience and then my CGP guide for science which I'm finding pretty good.

CA fully needs to convert to Edexcel or any easier exam board for Science. The mark schemes and lack of support from them are a testimony to how much of a bad exam board it is. Really sucks tbh.
Original post by Black Water
Haha, sounds good for you. :smile: you’ll only have to do a little in normal maths.

lol I think i'd take that
Reply 123
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
lol I think i'd take that

Yeah so would I lol.
Reply 124
Original post by Ihatelife2
Trust me OP can handle the workload. The guy goes to my school and I am sure that he can manage it. IMO he's doing pretty good in every subject so far. Dude is the best guy in our year at Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, French and computing(all his subjects basically). The guy is in his own league.

Don't get too gassed Ali:biggrin:

You both go to the same school? Who’s Ali by the way? :smile:

Ali is "The kid who games". He is insane at every subject. All three of us go to the same scl lol
Reply 126
idk how yall do this 9-5 revision ****; i did pretty well at GCSE 2A's (eng lang and eco) rest A*s inc A^ FM, and i didnt start revising till end of april/ start of may. All u need for GCSEs is prior understanding - do your homework properly and somewhat pay attention in class (dont be a swat 24/7), then a lil revsion around exam time is enough. i only did 1 day of revision for chem and got 200 UMS lmao

Ali is "The kid who games". He is insane at every subject. All three of us go to the same scl lol

Yup, what he said. There are loads of us from our school on TSR.
Original post by chinkinator
idk how yall do this 9-5 revision ****; i did pretty well at GCSE 2A's (eng lang and eco) rest A*s inc A^ FM, and i didnt start revising till end of april/ start of may. All u need for GCSEs is prior understanding - do your homework properly and somewhat pay attention in class (dont be a swat 24/7), then a lil revsion around exam time is enough. i only did 1 day of revision for chem and got 200 UMS lmao

u did the old gcse, we can't just memorise a textbook anymore we have to understand how to apply the knowledge.
Reply 129

Oh right. Is he Pakistani?
Reply 130
Yup, what he said. There are loads of us from our school on TSR.

You lot are so lucky. No one from my school is on here. Do you guys go to a top grammar school or something?
You lot are so lucky. No one from my school is on here. Do you guys go to a top grammar school or something?

Nope we go to an underperforming state school in the UK. This Ali guy is some genius

Nope we go to an underperforming state school in the UK. This Ali guy is some genius

Underperforming is an understatement, to say the least...
Reply 133

Oh. That’s unlucky, same here. Yeah lol he definitely is.
Reply 134
Underperforming is an understatement, to say the least...

That’s unlucky. I bet there’s no one else like Ali.

Theres a girl who is getting straight 9's and another kid who is a genius but noone to his level.
Reply 136
Theres a girl who is getting straight 9's and another kid who is a genius but noone to his level.

At least there’s a few exceptional performers. :smile: Join the gang.
CA fully needs to convert to Edexcel or any easier exam board for Science. The mark schemes and lack of support from them are a testimony to how much of a bad exam board it is. Really sucks tbh.

Agreed. They do the hardest exam board for science for no particular reason at all. There are two versions of triple science in OCR. One tests PCB1-3 in one exam and PBC4-6 in the other. The other version tests the whole spec in one exam. But guess which version our school picks? The one with the whole spec in one exam. When I asked as to why they did this they said that it was to "challenge us". There are many ways to challenge pupils without putting their grades at risk. Why cant they just pick the easy one and let us do intermediate challenges?

There's this one girl who is better than Ali at English(In most exams but the gap between them is getting smaller as we speak) and in Science. She still gets CRAZZZZZYYYY high in other subjects(I'm talking 9s). She gets like 9s and a few 8s in every subject. There is also the @thegamecrusher who is a beast at Maths and the sciences and his other subjects. @thekidwhogames mentions him earlier in this thread. There are quite a few people who are incredibly smart(e.g. the person who commented above who has a complicated username is also incredibly gifted). Ali is the smartest guy in our year and the girl I mentioned at the beginning is the smartest girl. They are roughly equal overall but Ali's mathematical ability surpasses hers(don't get me wrong, she still gets 9s in maths just not incredibly high ones like Ali's) and her ability in English is on another level. It might be a pretty bad school with stupid people like me but there are a substantial number of incredibly gifted and talented people. I'm too lazy to mention them all.
Reply 139
There's this one girl who is better than Ali at English(In most exams but the gap between them is getting smaller as we speak) and in Science. She still gets CRAZZZZZYYYY high in other subjects(I'm talking 9s). She gets like 9s and a few 8s in every subject. There is also the @thegamecrusher who is a beast at Maths and the sciences and his other subjects. @thekidwhogames mentions him earlier in this thread. There are quite a few people who are incredibly smart(e.g. the person who commented above who has a complicated username is also incredibly gifted). Ali is the smartest guy in our year and the girl I mentioned at the beginning is the smartest girl. They are roughly equal overall but Ali's mathematical ability surpasses hers(don't get me wrong, she still gets 9s in maths just not incredibly high ones like Ali's) and her ability in English is on another level. It might be a pretty bad school with stupid people like me but there are a substantial number of incredibly gifted and talented people. I'm too lazy to mention them all.

Wow, interesting. :smile: You have quite a lot of clever people in your school. I’m seriously wondering what school you go to. Do you know what you want to do for A-Levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending